Windows 10: I need help to Extend my C drive.

Discus and support I need help to Extend my C drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 800GB Of unallocated space. However I would like to extend the C Drive by 60 GB. However then I cick on the C drive Partition. The "Extend"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jedimaster1uke, Dec 28, 2020.

1. I need help to Extend my C drive.

I have 800GB Of unallocated space. However I would like to extend the C Drive by 60 GB. However then I cick on the C drive Partition. The "Extend" option is grayed out and I can't select it.

submitted by /u/jedimaster1uke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jedimaster1uke, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Extending disk space in drive c

Hello honey164,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

This step-by-step guide should help you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-extend-c-drive...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Dec 28, 2020
  4. I need help to Extend my C drive.

Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

I need help to Extend my C drive.

1. I need help to Extend my C drive. - Similar Threads - need help Extend

2. I can't extend my C: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't extend my C: Drive: During the Install of my Windows installation, I decided to make a partition but I forgot to make it into a partition. When I try to make it though Disk Management the "New Simple Volume" is greyed out. I also tried EaseUS Free Partition Manager...
  3. I can't extend my C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extend my C: Drive: During the Install of my Windows installation, I decided to make a partition but I forgot to make it into a partition. When I try to make it though Disk Management the "New Simple Volume" is greyed out. I also tried EaseUS Free Partition Manager...
  4. I can't extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't extend my C drive: As the subject says, I can't extend my C drive. I know that it's because the unallocated space I have isn't directly to the right of the C drive in Disk Management, but that is completely absurd that that would prevent me from adding more space to an existing partition. Can...
  5. I can't extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extend my C drive: As the subject says, I can't extend my C drive. I know that it's because the unallocated space I have isn't directly to the right of the C drive in Disk Management, but that is completely absurd that that would prevent me from adding more space to an existing partition. Can...
  6. I can't extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i need to extend my c drive but how?????

i need to extend my c drive but how?????: [ATTACH] plz help mee gyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-extend-my-c-drive-but-how/94bd5a6f-6e05-4aab-a0d2-1adc2ad972d9
  8. I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend: So I have 237gb of storage on my C drive and it is nearly full, my D drive has 931gb of storage and is completely empty. in an attempt to solve this problem I went online looking at different forums and articles and many recommended that I delete D drive so i can extend C...
  9. Extending C: Drive

Extending C: Drive: So I was trying to extend my C: drive then this happened...[ATTACH] is there any way I can move them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive/c69cad14-828d-4c3d-9ad0-0b39f94716dd
  10. extending c drive

extending c drive: not able to extend c drive due to windows re tools on the left of c drive partition. Is there a way to move windows re tools partition to some other location??????? plz help...