Windows 10: I need help to make changes to my device

Discus and support I need help to make changes to my device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Right now i need your help my computer uses edge every time I open a page it loads directly in this browser, but I want it to open in Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StellaB9, Oct 11, 2019.

1. StellaB9 Win User

I need help to make changes to my device

Right now i need your help my computer uses edge every time I open a page it loads directly in this browser, but I want it to open in Google Chrome because it’s faster. I have Chrome downloaded but I don’t know how to make it default.

:)

StellaB9, Oct 11, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 11, 2019
  4. I need help to make changes to my device

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

I need help to make changes to my device

1. I need help to make changes to my device - Similar Threads - need help changes

2. I need help changing my account type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help changing my account type: the problem I'm having is I changed my account type, I'm not sure what to but it is no longer a standard account and no longer an administrator account.I have tried various times to change it, going into control panel and netplwiz and tried to reset my device but my computer...
  3. I need help changing my account type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help changing my account type: the problem I'm having is I changed my account type, I'm not sure what to but it is no longer a standard account and no longer an administrator account.I have tried various times to change it, going into control panel and netplwiz and tried to reset my device but my computer...
  4. where is my audio devices?? I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is my audio devices?? I need help: so my audio goes down and its the whole "speakers or headphones not plugged in message" when I made sure everything was plugged in, I try a few fixes and on one occasion my speaker devices are gone! Straight missing, I even checked the playback tab on the control panel, and...
  5. where is my audio devices?? I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is my audio devices?? I need help: so my audio goes down and its the whole "speakers or headphones not plugged in message" when I made sure everything was plugged in, I try a few fixes and on one occasion my speaker devices are gone! Straight missing, I even checked the playback tab on the control panel, and...
  6. where is my audio devices?? I need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I need help changing my windows version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help changing my windows version.: A few weeks ago my computer gave me a BSOD because I accidentally tried to install new SD host adapter divers (or something), long story short I had to reinstall windows but instead of installing version 1909 I installed version 2004 (I lost my product key from my old version...
  8. I'm making a game, but I need help.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I'm making a game, but I need help.: As you all know, older games are becoming popular again, games such as pacman, galaga, ect. I chose to make a space shooter game like galaga, but I need help with something. If I were to sell, what price should I sell it for? cause I'm trying to earn myself, and my parents...
  9. i need to make a change in my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    i need to make a change in my account: I need to change debit card number on my account .Ihave a new card . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-make-a-change-in-my-account/d720fec9-0f56-45a6-a376-a28798a49f8d"
  10. Apps can't make changes to my device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps can't make changes to my device: I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I now have no access/ capability to allow apps to make changes on my windows 10 laptop. This means I can't download any new software because every time I try to, I'm prompted to allow the app access, which I can no longer do with no...