Windows 10: I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY

Discus and support I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello? I have an old laptop with an oem key. I bought a new laptop and I was wondering if I can transfer the product key from my old laptop. Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cristine Rose Brillantes, Feb 13, 2021.

1. I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY

Hello? I have an old laptop with an oem key. I bought a new laptop and I was wondering if I can transfer the product key from my old laptop. Thanks!

:)

Cristine Rose Brillantes, Feb 13, 2021
  2. xlook Win User

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life.

But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get rid of the old motherboard and install a new motherboard. Will I be able to transfer the product key to the new motherboard? Or would I need a retail product key to transfer the key to a new PC or motherboard?

xlook, Feb 13, 2021
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Feb 13, 2021
  4. OneMoar Win User

I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

indeed OEM's have embedded keys a OEM upgrade is for machines with OEM copies and DO NOT COME WITH A KEY! sadly many vendors confuse the two because pre-windows 10 'OEM" came with a key
    a end user should always buy a Retail OR "System builder OEM" copy when it comes to windows 10 system builder is not `OEM` you can blame microsoft for the retarded terminology screw up

it sounds like the op bought a pirated copy with no key microsoft does not ship windows 10 on optical disks .... they use flash drives

OneMoar, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY

1. I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY - Similar Threads - NEED HELP TRANSFERRING

2. Need help with product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with product key: Seen a post saying to get this info and post a screenshot to get my product key any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-product-key/502bca14-d4d0-4887-8bd6-7cf13d93ee8a
  3. Need help with product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with product key: Seen a post saying to get this info and post a screenshot to get my product key any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-product-key/502bca14-d4d0-4887-8bd6-7cf13d93ee8a
  4. OEM Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Product Key: Is it possible to retrieve my windows OEM product key when I purchase my HP Laptop way back in 2014 windows 8 pre-installed with the computer, upgraded to 10 when came out? I replaced my HD 2 years ago and I need to replace it again with SSD. I contacted HP support and he...
  5. OEM product Keys

OEM product Keys: i want to buy oem license key from amazon for my laptop is that ok ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-product-keys/63fba0b4-4c8e-432f-936f-05451ec28757
  6. OEM Product Key

OEM Product Key: I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro (OEM) and installed it on my computer which currently has a windows 10 Home ( OEM ). Then i installed the windows 10 home to my laptop. However i can't activate the product key of the said OS. I get this error "We can't activate windows on...
  7. Help transferring Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help transferring Windows 10 Product Key: Hello, I recently upgraded my computer, replacing almost everything (hard drive, MOBO, cpu, etc). My understanding was that I could use the same windows 10 USB and product key to transfer Windows 10 to the new hardware. Upon further research, it looks like I should have...
  8. Transfer OEM key

Transfer OEM key: I have an windows 7 OEM key which I used to activate windows 10 on my old laptop but I got a new one without windows in which I got to activate the old key without any problems. For what it seems, the key is linked to my account. Is it okay to have 2 computers with same key?...
  9. I need help with my windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help with my windows 10 product key: I bought a prebuilt computer and windows isnt activated and the windows product key isnt scratching. I have treid using a screw driver to scratch and it still wont scratch. I need help. [IMG]...
  10. Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?: I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life. But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get...