Windows 10: I need help turning off Hyper-V

Discus and support I need help turning off Hyper-V in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm very confused. I remember enabling Hyper-V for something, but now that's enabled I can't run an application I want to be able to run. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meg_938, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Meg_938 Win User

I need help turning off Hyper-V

Hi,

I'm very confused. I remember enabling Hyper-V for something, but now that's enabled I can't run an application I want to be able to run. I've looked up how to turn it off and despite doing exactly what I was told, I can't find Hyper-V where I'm supposed to find it. I don't understand how it's not there anymore if I've previously accessed it. I tried looking in different areas and don't know what else to do.

Thanks for your time,

Meg

:)

Meg_938, Mar 9, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Mar 9, 2020
  4. I need help turning off Hyper-V

Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

I need help turning off Hyper-V

1. I need help turning off Hyper-V - Similar Threads - need help turning

2. How do I turn off Hyper-V??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off Hyper-V??: I'm sorry for cursing in the title, but this is genuinely annoying me so much. Hyper-V is preventing me from installing an application, and I would like to turn it off. So I google how to do it, I go to "Turn Windows features on or off", but Hyper-V isn't even there. I try...
  3. How do I turn off Hyper-V??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off Hyper-V??: I'm sorry for cursing in the title, but this is genuinely annoying me so much. Hyper-V is preventing me from installing an application, and I would like to turn it off. So I google how to do it, I go to "Turn Windows features on or off", but Hyper-V isn't even there. I try...
  4. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  5. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  6. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.: Split from this thread. Hi can you help me with this problem. PS C:\Users\oleks> dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature / FeatureName: Microsoft-Hyper-V-AllError: 87DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "".For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe...
  7. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.: Split from this thread. Hi can you help me with this problem. PS C:\Users\oleks> dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature / FeatureName: Microsoft-Hyper-V-AllError: 87DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "".For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe...
  8. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

9. Turning off Hyper-v turned off Core Isolation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turning off Hyper-v turned off Core Isolation: I was trying to disable hyper-v for Bluestacks. I couldn't find the "hyper-v" program in the "turn windows features on and off," so I downloaded their exe to turn it off from https://cdn3.bluestacks.com/nilanshu/HD-DisableHyperV_native.exe and it worked but in the process...
  10. Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...