Windows 10: I need help uninstalling an app.

Discus and support I need help uninstalling an app. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About 2 days, whatever I searched in google became yahoo and I don't want yahoo since it's not as efficient as google, I did everything, I removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonDominguez1, Apr 3, 2020.

1. I need help uninstalling an app.

About 2 days, whatever I searched in google became yahoo and I don't want yahoo since it's not as efficient as google, I did everything, I removed yahoo from my search engines and I made google my default browser so it should be google but its not. So I started looking through my apps and I found three suspicious apps:

1: Bonjour, never heard or seen this app before and when I wanted to delete it, a user account control panel appeared, and apparently the file origin is Apple although I have a HP laptop so I had no idea what that was doing in my computer.
    2: Search Powered by Yahoo!, I think this app may be a virus since whenever I try to delete it, it doesn't get deleted and I think this is the app responsible for the main problem above.
    3: uninst.exe, apparently this is the app necessary for uninstalling apps but when ever it appears on the user account control panel it says it has an unknown origin.
    So my final questions are, how do fix my google chrome browser, and are any of those apps dangerous and if so how do I remove them?

Hopefully somebody answers these questions soon.

Thanks in advance.

:)

JasonDominguez1, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Help me uninstall this.

Correct gb = Great Britain

You would be using step 4 in Option Two below for this.

You would need the PackageFullName to the right of that.

*Arrow Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Brink, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 3, 2020
  4. I need help uninstalling an app.

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

I need help uninstalling an app.

1. I need help uninstalling an app. - Similar Threads - need help uninstalling

2. I need help with uninstalling wordpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with uninstalling wordpad.: Ever since i got wordpad i've gotten thousands of popups opening the same **** document even when i'm playing games, soon i'll wake up to billions of tabs open and they are all going to be wordpad documents...
  3. I need help with uninstalling wordpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with uninstalling wordpad.: Ever since i got wordpad i've gotten thousands of popups opening the same **** document even when i'm playing games, soon i'll wake up to billions of tabs open and they are all going to be wordpad documents...
  4. Need Help Uninstalling Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Help Uninstalling Program: Hello, I'm trying to uninstall Autodesk Fusion 360 from my Windows 10 laptop, but a couple years ago, before I understood my computer better I deleted the files via the recycling bin without uninstalling it with the uninstaller. I've gone through the control panel and...
  5. Need Help Uninstalling Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Uninstalling Program: Hello, I'm trying to uninstall Autodesk Fusion 360 from my Windows 10 laptop, but a couple years ago, before I understood my computer better I deleted the files via the recycling bin without uninstalling it with the uninstaller. I've gone through the control panel and...
  6. Need help uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help uninstalling drivers: Was talking with Greg Carmack; can't get back in touch. Trying to load drivers in my Canon printer to accommodate Win 11 home. Instructions were to uninstall drivers and do a clean install? Difficulties in uninstalling drivers! I can't get through to solve my problem of not...
  7. I need help uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help uninstalling an app: so I had downloaded an app but then tried to uninstall and I got this messagewindows cannot find c:\program files\mobigame/player/uninstaller.exe ensure you have typed the name correctly than try againa little help would be apreciated thank yousignedJD...
  8. Need help in uninstalling a software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help in uninstalling a software: I tried to re install a software which get me into trouble. I actually deleted the uninstalling file of that software named as uninst000.exe. So that I'm not able to uninstall the main software. I actually need to uninstall the software. Kindly help [ATTACH] This is the...
  9. Need help with uninstalling Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with uninstalling Chrome: Today Chrome made the decision to not open and after all the troubleshooting I decided to uninstall it. When I tried it said it couldn’t be completed because the file is open in another program, then proceeded to delete all of the files that weren’t affected by this. Now it...
  10. Need help uninstalling a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help uninstalling a program: I'm sorry to bother you again, but I need help uninstalling a program. It's called Art of Illusion. I uninstalled the Java update it was attached to, but the program is still there. I can't find it in the apps list or the list of programs to uninstall. I tried to go to...