Windows 10: I need help with an error message?

Discus and support I need help with an error message? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Stop code: IRQL_ NOT_ Less_ OR_EQUAL What is this and how do I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pam Horton, Jan 14, 2021.

1. I need help with an error message?

Stop code: IRQL_ NOT_ Less_ OR_EQUAL

What is this and how do I fix it?

:)

Pam Horton, Jan 14, 2021
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

I need help with an error message?

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

I need help with an error message?

1. I need help with an error message? - Similar Threads - need help error

2. need help with error message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need help with error message: Hello,I have an account for office 365 through my employer....however, when I try to run reports, a message keeps popping up that I need to renew my subscription...if I have a personal account I need that deleted...
  3. need help with error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with error message: Hello,I have an account for office 365 through my employer....however, when I try to run reports, a message keeps popping up that I need to renew my subscription...if I have a personal account I need that deleted...
  4. need help with error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need help with error message "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with error message "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000": "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-error-message/087db7b4-aac8-4f76-9ee6-f2637e3c9c7b
  6. I need help with error message "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with error message "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000": "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-error-message/087db7b4-aac8-4f76-9ee6-f2637e3c9c7b
  7. I need help with this error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with this error: Hey, ive been trying to use this thing ive downloaded, but everytime i try log in / run it i get this message for Microsoft .NET framework'index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index.See the end of this message...
  8. BSOD Error Messages - need help.

BSOD Error Messages - need help.: I have Case #: 1022040880I had been working with someone to try and report my PC which keeps crashing BSOD, even after I did a number of hardware upgrades for it. I have attached the Stop Code messages I received. Please HELP! I need to get my computer up and running again as...
  9. error message need help fixing

error message need help fixing: [IMG]need help fixing i keep getting this every few minutes and ive tried to fix but i cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-need-help-fixing/caa34b19-a6bb-4cf4-980b-557702caa00a
  10. Windows 10 BSOD Error Message Help Needed

Windows 10 BSOD Error Message Help Needed: My Alienware Alpha R2 (NVIDIA) running 64 bit Windows 10 Home version 1803 just started encountering BSOD errors with the stop code "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". The error always comes from address 'ntoskrnl.exe+1a8ca0' but I can't tell what driver is passing the bad data. I've...