Windows 10: I need help with an issue with my mom's laptop

Discus and support I need help with an issue with my mom's laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! My name is Tori. My mother owns a Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5102 Windows 8.1 laptop. Yesterday, her laptop stopped responding to mouse clicks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tori D., Nov 11, 2018.

1. Tori D. Win User

I need help with an issue with my mom's laptop

Hello!

My name is Tori.

My mother owns a Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5102 Windows 8.1 laptop.

Yesterday, her laptop stopped responding to mouse clicks and it wasn't responding to the keyboard. I took the battery out and held the power button down for 15 seconds and then put the battery back in. That worked but only for a few minutes. After a couple minutes, it went right back to not responding to mouse clicks and the keyboard. However, I was able to move the cursor.

This morning, I discovered that mom was able to get into it and do a system reset. I think she kept all her files. She said it worked last night. Earlier, I went to check on it and it was responding to the keyboard and I was able to move the cursor but it was not responding to any mouse clicks. I tried to navigate to system settings with my keyboard to do a complete system reset but I was only able to get so far before it wouldn't let me choose any of the options with the keyboard.

I got the thought that it could be a battery issue because the performance was extremely slow and bad. So, I did some research and found that a battery that's going bad can cause your laptop to not function properly. I researched how to check if my battery was going bad and it said to look at a batter report. I got the battery report but I did not find any useful information.

I also read that if I take the battery out and plug the laptop in, I can turn it on through the charger. The website I found also explain that I can test my battery by determining whether the performance is better while the battery is removed and the laptop is plugged in or when the laptop is powered by the battery. Is this true?

So, I took the battery out and plugged it in.

It was able to turn on and I was able to log in. The keyboard and touch pad were responding and mouse clicks were also responding. While it was working, I did the Windows 10 optimizations. Mid way through the process, the performance declined and the mouse stopped responding to clicks (I was using the touch pad).

Once I had enough of the laptop misbehaving, I turned it off and turned it back on. I found that it failed to boot up Windows 10 so I turned it off and turned it back on again.

It again failed to load Windows 10. So, in the recovery options, I chose to restart it and I did this a couple times. Each time, it still failed to successfully boot Windows.

I looked through the options it gave me and I chose to do a hard reset. I deleted everything off of it and gave it a fresh start.

Once it was done resetting, I set it up, installed TeamvViewer, and did the Windows 10 Optimizations.

It worked for a couple hours.

I was showing my mom that I had fixed her computer. I got the idea to plug her wireless mouse in so I did that. When I plugged in the mouse, the laptop stopped responding to mouse clicks.

I need help figuring out why it has been misbehaving so badly.

Does anyone know what could have caused it to act this way and what I can do to fix it?

I have tried everything I know how to do and I tried new things after doing research.

Why did Windows fail to boot up?

Why wouldn't it respond to mouse clicks?

Why does it stop responding to mouse clicks when I plug in the wireless mouse?

I highly appreciate any help!

All I want is to fix all of these problems so my mom can do her homework without any trouble.

Thanks!

:)

Tori D., Nov 11, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 11, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 11, 2018
  4. I need help with an issue with my mom's laptop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

I need help with an issue with my mom's laptop

1. I need help with an issue with my mom's laptop - Similar Threads - need help issue

2. I need help with My laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with My laptop: My laptop is stuck on the choose an option screen and it won't let me use it. I stopped using it for 1 or 2 months because I was on vacation and when I turned it on it was normal until I tried to enter one of my games and it went like this. I don't know what to do, no matter...
  3. I need help with My laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with My laptop: My laptop is stuck on the choose an option screen and it won't let me use it. I stopped using it for 1 or 2 months because I was on vacation and when I turned it on it was normal until I tried to enter one of my games and it went like this. I don't know what to do, no matter...
  4. I need help with my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with my laptop: Hi, I accidentally spilled water on my Winnovo N140 laptop and now it keeps saying preparing automatic repair but it does that then turns off then turns on again and still shows preparing automatic reapair. And I forgot to say that I completely dried out the laptop. Does any...
  5. I need help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my laptop: Hi, I accidentally spilled water on my Winnovo N140 laptop and now it keeps saying preparing automatic repair but it does that then turns off then turns on again and still shows preparing automatic reapair. And I forgot to say that I completely dried out the laptop. Does any...
  6. I need help with my laptop

7. Trying to help mom

Trying to help mom: My mother has opened all her apps and graphics in her photos...1000 of photos opened from games and google and everything I do not have permission to delete these graphics since they are still being used by other programs and apps. What can I do to help her with this...
  8. My mom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mom: Is in prison https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mom/7cb961b7-6625-4ea0-9d3e-f890c1e86e93
  9. I need help with my laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help with my laptop.: The problems started a few days after I got my laptop, im not sure if its a virus or something else. But every time i started it up two cmds popped up one behind the other, then I decided to reset my laptop with a clean reset, and when I did a cmd popped up in the middle of...
  10. I need help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my laptop: Okay so one year ago my dad bought me a gaming Asus laptop, everything went incredibly well until a virus got in, we cleaned the laptop and made a clean with fresh start, but now everytime I press the letter “T” it restarts automatically, does anybody know how to fix that or...