Windows 10: I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input

Discus and support I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to live audio capture a phone call on my cell phone to my laptop, to prove to the guy at the cell phone store that the static, and having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reble, Nov 13, 2019.

1. reble Win User

I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input

I am trying to live audio capture a phone call on my cell phone to my laptop, to prove to the guy at the cell phone store that the static, and having to ask the person to repeat things a lot and so on. That it is not a problem with the phone. I have gone through 3 phones so far.
    My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15-3541, OS Win 10 Home 32bit. The Dell laptop only has 1 audio jack for both audio in and out. I have made a drawing of what I am trying to do. I have audio from the cell phone as far as to where the the red arrow is in the drawing. From that point Audacity only see's audio from the the laptops internal mic. I don't know how to turn off the internal mic without stopping the audio from the external mic in.

Steve

:)

reble, Nov 13, 2019
  2. XweAponX Win User

What's the Right Way To Uninstall Audacity

Audacity is a great program, there are two ways to get it, with an Installer, or from a Zip file. If you just copied it out of the zip file, it may not be working right. Use the installer and it should hook into your system properly, locating your Audio Hardware. Under "Help" there is a link to check your Audio Hardware:

I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input [​IMG]

That should tell you if there are any problems with your hardware. If you don't see the list of supported bitrates, it's not detecting your hardware.

XweAponX, Nov 13, 2019
  3. ggrussell Win User
    Windows 10 and USB Audio codec input

Just purchased a USB turntable to record some old albums. Windows 10 recognizes the input, but only one app even recognizes there is any input at all. Audacity doesn't get any input at all. When I open Control Panel / Sound / Record Tab, the meter to
    the right of Audio Codec shows activity.

Any suggestions?

ggrussell, Nov 13, 2019
  4. I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input

Can't isolate line audio from mic input; audio driver not showing.

Excellent reply. I set Audacity as you suggest and it works. To my perfectionist mind, there's one flaw: with all volumes to max, the recording level is rather low, as the attached snip shows. Any ideas how to increase it? My previous Win 7 laptop allowed far more level than this, using a Realtek driver.

I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input [​IMG]

Airlane1979, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input

1. I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input - Similar Threads - need help Audacity

2. I need help right now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help right now: Im facing weird issue where I cant click on anything in the notification center. I can click pinned apps and able to run them but when I click icons or commands in notification center it will not run or nothing happens. Appreciate all the help. All is well....
  3. I need help right now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help right now: Im facing weird issue where I cant click on anything in the notification center. I can click pinned apps and able to run them but when I click icons or commands in notification center it will not run or nothing happens. Appreciate all the help. All is well....
  4. I need help right now

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help with Audacity 'Spyware'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Audacity 'Spyware': Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) Audacity 3.0.2 Audacity 'Spyware' Claims Follow Privacy Policy Changes By New Owner Audacity 'Spyware' Claims Follow Privacy Policy Changes By New Owner - MacRumors How can block the spyware, (Firewall, Registry... everywhere where I can...
  6. Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4: Hello Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055) Audacity 3.0.2 I need to install FFmpeg library Downloaded: https://lame.buanzo.org/lame_v3.100.zip and https://lame.buanzo.org/libmp3lame-win-3.99.3.zip There is not "avformat-55.dll" only I found "lame_enc.dll" From...
  7. Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4

Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4: Hello Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055) Audacity 3.0.2 I need to install FFmpeg library Downloaded: https://lame.buanzo.org/lame_v3.100.zip and https://lame.buanzo.org/libmp3lame-win-3.99.3.zip There is not "avformat-55.dll" only I found "lame_enc.dll" From...
  8. Audacity . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audacity . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to install, Audacity. But, it's very confusing! I can't find it. After installation? I looked in, x86 program files? I've looked, everywhere.? I even looked. In the Control Panel. To see, if it was listed....
  9. I need help with audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with audio.: I recently got a pc for gaming, and have had many issues with audio so far. My main issue now is having no sound through my headset. When playing games, I often hear a buzzing sound (static) that really gives me a headache, so I tried going through some settings to fix this...
  10. What's the Right Way To Uninstall Audacity

What's the Right Way To Uninstall Audacity: My upgrade to 10 has gone pretty well so far. The only problem is that Audacity audio editor (2.0.6) won't work ("Internal PortAudio error"/"program not supported.") I want to uninstall it, but it's not recognized by Windows 10 "Uninstall Programs." What's the best way...