Windows 10: i need help with creating a virtual machine on window 10

Discus and support i need help with creating a virtual machine on window 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to create a virtual machine using virtualbox on windows 10 after watching a lot of practice on youtube but it still fails when i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gazycool, Mar 31, 2020.

1. gazycool Win User

i need help with creating a virtual machine on window 10

I have tried to create a virtual machine using virtualbox on windows 10 after watching a lot of practice on youtube but it still fails when i try to upload

the OS , any advice on how to go about this ? am open to ideas with vmware's as well

:)

gazycool, Mar 31, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Mar 31, 2020
  3. error : could not create the java virtual machine

Hi,

I realize that you get error message “could not create the java virtual machine” on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to update java virtual machine software and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. i need help with creating a virtual machine on window 10 - Similar Threads - need help creating

2. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  3. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  4. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Virtual Machine: Good morningI am running Windows 10 with a virtual machine that runs Windows XP. The problem is that the Windows XP screen size is very small but even if I go to full screen mode the XP window remains very small.How do I get the Virtual Machine to run in full screen mode.I...
  6. The Virtual Machine on Windows 10, bit of help please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Virtual Machine on Windows 10, bit of help please?: I wanted to set up Hyper-V but have been unsuccessful, I have done as It said. Putting In a certain code with PowerShell, AND command prompt. I do have all the requirements, and generally confused on how to start my Virtual Machine experience. Any help would be greatly...
  7. Virtual Machine Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Machine Help: Back when I first started using VMs, everything was fine at first. But when I reinstalled Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine and then when I use it the whole desktop doesnt work anymore. Explorer.exe keeps on freezing, File Explorer won't open, and it always does the same thing...
  8. Help need in Virtual Machines Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help need in Virtual Machines Windows: it looks like problem seems from Microsoft website i downloaded the file from here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/ but after downloading i am unable to extract it can someone pls check and let me know , i knoe file is too big to download , i...
  9. VMWARE create EFI Virtual machine (solved)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE create EFI Virtual machine (solved): Hi guys if using VMWARE and you want to create a EFI VM just create the VM normally -- use "Other OS" and I will install the OS later. (This is if in the advanced features the UEFI option is greyed out --in VMWare Workststion. In player you'll have to add the line in any...
  10. Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation.: Good afternoon, all! I work at a major university and we have a strange IT issue. I'm trying to get this done without breaking any user agreements / etc., and doing everything legally. Here's the situation... in one of our labs, we have a piece of analysis equipment that...