Windows 10: I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

Discus and support I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Free to Merge C and D Drive in Windows 10 to Get More Space on C Drive How do you merge two partitions C and D in Windows 10 so that you can get more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShantaRamchandran, Mar 16, 2019.

1. I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

Free to Merge C and D Drive in Windows 10 to Get More Space on C Drive

How do you merge two partitions C and D in Windows 10 so that you can get more space on C drive by combining C and D drive into one partition on your computer? A Windows 10 PC usually has four partitions namely C, D, E, F, among which C drive often works as system partition for Windows 10 OS installation and system related data storage. By default C drive has small size because PC users usually do not allocate too much space to this partition, so you may find that C drive easily runs out of disk space on Windows 10 after a long time usage but other partitions are still empty. In this situation, you may want to merge C and D drive to redistribute more space to C partition on Windows 10.

Free to Merge C and D Drive on Windows 10 with Disk Management
    Probably, you still have some other reasons to combine C and D drive into one partition on Windows 10, but you may want to look for a free solution to accomplish this task. Without relying on any other software, you can merge two partitions on Windows 10 under Disk Management.

You probably know that Windows 10 Disk Management enables you to mange disk space with ease, but you may also realize that there is no Merge Partition option under Disk Management of Windows 10. Then, how can you merge C and D drive with Disk Management in Windows 10?

Follow the steps below to merge C drive and D together by Windows 10 Disk Management:

Preparation: Move all important data from D drive to another drive or storage media.

Step1. Open Disk Management on Windows 10 by right clicking This PC on desktop > click Manage > click Disk Management.
    Step2. After entering Windows 10 Disk Management, right click D drive and then click Delete Volume option.

I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive delete-volume.png
    Step3. The D drive will show as unallocated volume when the deleting is completed. Then, right click C drive and click Extend Volume option.

I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive extend-volume.png
    Step4. Follow the Extend Volume Wizard to allocate the unallocated space to C drive.
    Once the Extend Volume is finished, you will find that D drive no longer exists on your computer and all space on D drive has been added to C drive.

Merge C Drive and Some Free Space on D Drive in Windows 10
    It is easy to lose important data by deleting D drive and then add the unallocated space to C drive on Windows 10. In fact, there is no need to delete D drive, you can squeeze some unallocated space from D partition instead of deleting this partition on Windows 10.

Follow this guide to squeeze some unallocated space from D drive on Windows 10 and then partition manager server 2008 C:
    Open Disk Management on Windows 10 > right click D drive and then click Shrink Volume option so that you can get some unallocated space > right click C drive and then click Extend Volume option so as to add the unallocated space to this partition

Pay attention:
    If the unallocated volume is not adjacent to C drive, you will fail to add it to C drive because the extend volume is grayed out when there is no contiguous unallocated space.

Free to Combine System Partition with D by Partition Software for Win10
    You can use partition software for Windows 10 to combine system partition with D drive or reduce D drive space to increase the size of C drive on your computer. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free is a free partition magic tool which enables you to delete or shrink partition to create unallocated space. This partition software also allows you to move partition when you need to move the unallocated space close to system partition on Windows 10.

I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive 1-right-click.png

Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition

I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive free_download.png

Don't Forget to Share This Article with Your Friends
    IM-Magic Partition
    Hot Guides
    Hot Searches
    free partition magic, Extend server 2003 c , Download partition magic for Windows 7 ,add free space to c 2003,
    More Related Articles You May Like
    Related Product

:)

ShantaRamchandran, Mar 16, 2019

2. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 16, 2019
  4. I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

Windows 10, Download, Disk Space Inadequate, Drive C is SSD, Drive D Has Ample Space, How Direct Downloader to Drive D

When I am redirected to Drives to clean up files, the Downloader lists both drives for cleanup. Although both drives have been cleaned, the downloader still reports inadequate disk space. Drive C only has about 10 Gigs free but Drive D has more than 100.

DwaineSchaffner, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

1. I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive - Similar Threads - need help disk

2. I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full: I've created unallocated space on the d drive in disk management & now need help to move the space to the c drive please. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  3. I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full: I've created unallocated space on the d drive in disk management & now need help to move the space to the c drive please. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  4. I need to allocate space from my d drive to my c drive c drive full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C: and D: drive/Disk management

C: and D: drive/Disk management: Hi, I am having problems with my C: and D: drives. I know little about computers, and I've been trying to solve this on my own for 2 days now. I want to merge C: drive 222 GB using D: drive 1.81 TB, but the problem is that C: is on Disk 1 while D: is on Disk 0. I don't think...
  6. Importing D Drive into C Drive -- Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing D Drive into C Drive -- Disk Management: Greetings Folks, Dang I tried to answer this without bothering you. Watched a bunch of YouTube vids but no one had my situation. [img] This PC shipped with a D drive partition on the C drive. I turned it into unallocated space but when I right click my C to import that...
  7. A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive: Free to Merge C and D Drive in Windows 10 to Get More Space on C Drive How do you merge two partitions C and D in Windows 10 so that you can get more space on C drive by combining C and D drive into one partition on your computer? A Windows 10 PC usually has four partitions...
  8. I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

I need help with disk management for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive: Free to Merge C and D Drive in Windows 10 to Get More Space on C Drive How do you merge two partitions C and D in Windows 10 so that you can get more space on C drive by combining C and D drive into one partition on your computer? A Windows 10 PC usually has four partitions...
  9. A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive: OK. This is the question I need help with. I did get to Disk management site. But do not know how to proceed to increase volume to C drive from D. Is there a manual for Disk Management for window 10...
  10. Need to change some space from D: drive to C: drive. Windows 10 operating systems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to change some space from D: drive to C: drive. Windows 10 operating systems: Hello how would I add some space from D drive to C drive? I am using Windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-some-space-from-d-drive-to-c-drive/d097ff22-f314-47ad-8cab-07af9fcb59c4