Windows 10: i need help with file explorer

Discus and support i need help with file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do i fix this. everytime i press or select a file windows explorer takes a long time or never to done selecting the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by uwuhello, Jan 9, 2021.

1. uwuhello Win User

i need help with file explorer

how do i fix this. everytime i press or select a file windows explorer takes a long time or never to done selecting the file

:)

uwuhello, Jan 9, 2021

2. File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 9, 2021
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. i need help with file explorer - Similar Threads - need help file

2. I need help for restoring the previous File Explorer. The 23H2 File Explorer feels lazy,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help for restoring the previous File Explorer. The 23H2 File Explorer feels lazy,...: This is the worst update they made for the File Explorer. The latest Update 23H2 killed the drag and drop feature in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and...
  3. I need help for restoring the previous File Explorer. The 23H2 File Explorer feels lazy,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help for restoring the previous File Explorer. The 23H2 File Explorer feels lazy,...: This is the worst update they made for the File Explorer. The latest Update 23H2 killed the drag and drop feature in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and...
  4. I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.: This is the worst update they made for the File Explorer. The latest Update 23H2 killed the drag and drop in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and necessary for...
  5. I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.

I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.: This is the worst update they made for the File Explorer. The latest Update 23H2 killed the drag and drop in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and necessary for...
  6. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar: My File explorer is pinned to my taskbar and when I try to open it I get this error it opens fine on my start menu and desktop but not the taskbarHere is the error...
  7. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar: My File explorer is pinned to my taskbar and when I try to open it I get this error it opens fine on my start menu and desktop but not the taskbarHere is the error...
  8. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Need help with File Explorer Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with File Explorer Problem: I am on Windows 10 and I opened my File explorer one day and found it blank. I have my folders on the side but the main file areas are gone. It works when I'm on another site or program like when I'm uploading a picture to Discord, but when I normally open File Explorer it is...
  10. File Explorer Problem Need Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Problem Need Help: In May 9th, 2020 My computer suddenly has a Window Explorer Problem where it doesn't show anything Everything that runs in Window Explorer like Control Panel, doesn't seem to work The strange thing is when I want to upload a picture or a file explorer in Gmail, Whatsapp,...