Windows 10: I need help with folders

Discus and support I need help with folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My pc created some folders (for a videogame) but they can not be opened by an nonadmin. I am an admin on my pc but i can still not modify /delete this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pierozekk, Jan 25, 2021.

1. I need help with folders

My pc created some folders (for a videogame) but they can not be opened by an nonadmin. I am an admin on my pc but i can still not modify /delete this folder. How can i get rid of it?

submitted by /u/Pierozekk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pierozekk, Jan 25, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 25, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 25, 2021
  4. enso Win User

I need help with folders

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

I need help with folders

1. I need help with folders - Similar Threads - need help folders

2. I need help with my documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with my documents folder: I recently ran out of room on my C drive so I moved my documents folder to my E drive where there's more room. Windows made a copy of the folder and so I deleted the original in C drive which made windows also delete the documents folder in E drive that I had just created. I...
  3. I need help with my documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my documents folder: I recently ran out of room on my C drive so I moved my documents folder to my E drive where there's more room. Windows made a copy of the folder and so I deleted the original in C drive which made windows also delete the documents folder in E drive that I had just created. I...
  4. I need help with my documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dump Folder Need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dump Folder Need help: Hello!I followed the steps to enable driver verifier and came across the BSOD the following morning. I disabled the verifier and found the minidump folder to share. I then followed the steps to post the minidump folder here: DumpPlease help me understand what's going...
  6. Need help with encrypted folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with encrypted folders: I have a bit of an issue that I'm still kicking myself for... I lost access to some encrypted folders when I reinstalled Windows last week. These things happen sometimes... but what I'd like to know is what possible courses of action could restore my access to these...
  7. Need help with encrypted folders

Need help with encrypted folders: I have a bit of an issue that I'm still kicking myself for... I lost access to some encrypted folders when I reinstalled Windows last week. These things happen sometimes... but what I'd like to know is what possible courses of action could restore my access to these...
  8. Locked folders and need help.

Locked folders and need help.: Hello,I had a program cause me some trouble and need help.A program created a folder on C: drive and sub folders.I removed the program but the folders need to be deleted.And that is the problem as they cant be deleted.I tired assigning Owner rights and the changes dont take.I...
  9. Locked folders and need help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked folders and need help.: Hello,I had a program cause me some trouble and need help.A program created a folder on C: drive and sub folders.I removed the program but the folders need to be deleted.And that is the problem as they cant be deleted.I tired assigning Owner rights and the changes dont take.I...
  10. Need help with folder access

Need help with folder access: Hell-o MS Community - I have a HD that I pulled from my dead Dell Latitude laptop, and I am running it (with adapters) connected to my Dell G7 laptop. It opens up as "G" drive and under "Users" are all the expected folders. One in particular, "NewUser", is the one I'm...