Windows 10: I need help with fresh install

Discus and support I need help with fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomasb_21, Jun 6, 2019.

1. I need help with fresh install

My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default driver back. That still didnt work. When I looked into device manager, the section "Display adapters" was completely gone. My computer was running very slow and i couldnt play anything. I decided to back my files up and do a complete wipe of the harddrive (there wasnt much on it), but for some reason, when it was almost done or finished with recovery, it blue screened, and i guess the recovery failed. I can no longer boot into windows, it displays the windows logo with the loading thing, but it doesnt even give me a chance to do a system repair, it just blue screens. Ive tried booting windows 10 from a usb, but im still met with a blue screen. My bios does not give me any choice to do a memory check (which saved my last pc) My bios is labeled with award software at the top. I am afraid i will have to buy a new harddrive if nothing works. Sorry if my explaination here is sloppy i am desperate.

:)

Thomasb_21, Jun 6, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 6, 2019
  3. more123 Win User
    Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

I need help with fresh install

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

I need help with fresh install

1. I need help with fresh install - Similar Threads - need help fresh

2. Windows corrupted need fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows corrupted need fresh install: Hello, recently my windows seem to be corrupted due to abrupt power outage and needs to do a fresh install to a new windows. My question is I have a Windows 10 upgraded from a Windows 8, and now will do a Windows 10 fresh install. Am I able to active this new Windows with my...
  3. Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD: Hi Reddit, This is my first post. Guess I'll be Stuck here forever! Currently upgrading my girlfriend's laptop from a HDD to SSD. Hers is an Acer laptop where mine is an old Sony vaio (use for engineering) where I already completed a windows install myself. My question is...
  4. Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals: Hello, I have recently installed a fresh copy of W10 on a new PC and everything look and operates differently than my current PC and I don't understand why or how. Maybe it's because my PC was an upgrade from W7 way back, but nevertheless I want to change how this current...
  5. fresh install help

fresh install help: okay, so I've been having some strange issues with lots of things, specifically in multiple games, and specifically R6S having mouse input lag. I think I just need a fresh install. I have a HDD and an SSD both 1TB and the HDD currently just has a backup on it, so could I...
  6. Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine: I just finished assembling my new PC but it keeps freezing when I try to install windows 10. It doesn't freeze in the BIOs and the furthest I've gotten is to the "enter activation key" I've tried unplugging my GPU and using motherboard outputs, I've removed all sticks of RAM...
  7. I need installation help!

I need installation help!: Long story short when I was attempting to make two 4tb SSD’s raid 1 (mirrored) I accidentally turned the C drive into a dynamic disk which broke everything. After installing some software to repair it without data loss the computer shutdown and died. I made a bootable USB...
  8. I need help with fresh paints updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with fresh paints updates: I love fresh paint and it's my go to thing I use to draw but the update that changed the default bush shape from a circle to the sort of tear drop shape really doesn't work with how I draw. Is there any way at all I can change it so I'm using a previous version of fresh...
  9. unable to fresh install-help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to fresh install-help!: I have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 laptop. It had 8.1 on it. It was upgraded to Win10, used one day, then crashed, and unable to boot. When handed to me for inspection, I found the partitions were all kinds of messed up. After several attempts to straighten them out, we decided...
  10. Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!: Ok guys here is where I am at. Everything is running good on Windows 10. Except I have this itching uncomfortable feeling of excess baggage that my PC is carring and not needed because I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 instead of starting fresh and doing a clean install...