Windows 10: I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

Discus and support I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I have an issue with audio devices on my computer, my G403 headset is connected to my zowie monitor via usb, I have an AOC monitor to which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elbananaso, Nov 12, 2019.

1. I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

Hello all, I have an issue with audio devices on my computer, my G403 headset is connected to my zowie monitor via usb, I have an AOC monitor to which I connected a set of speakers via the headphone jack.

The issue is that I cannot switch consistently between my devices, I should be able to switch my pc on and have speakers and then have the option to switch to my frigging headset if I decide to use VOIP and not have echo.

I'd love if I could get a tutorial or an app that did this without me having to go near the goddamn windows audio device manager.

Right now I'm listening RPGlimitbreak through my headphones but windows says that the audio device is my AOC G246 monitor.

Please help.

submitted by /u/Elbananaso
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elbananaso, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Switching audio devices is a pain, what can I do?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt audio driver.

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by Billion Debbarma on December 14, 2015. Check if it helps.

Problems switching audio devices

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 12, 2019
  4. I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

Problems switching audio devices

Hi toiren,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate the steps you have perform, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the
    driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

1. I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them. - Similar Threads - need help audio

2. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  3. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  4. where is my audio devices?? I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is my audio devices?? I need help: so my audio goes down and its the whole "speakers or headphones not plugged in message" when I made sure everything was plugged in, I try a few fixes and on one occasion my speaker devices are gone! Straight missing, I even checked the playback tab on the control panel, and...
  5. where is my audio devices?? I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is my audio devices?? I need help: so my audio goes down and its the whole "speakers or headphones not plugged in message" when I made sure everything was plugged in, I try a few fixes and on one occasion my speaker devices are gone! Straight missing, I even checked the playback tab on the control panel, and...
  6. where is my audio devices?? I need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't switch between sound devices anymore.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch between sound devices anymore.: Hello,I have Asus X55C running Windows 10 latest build and I noticed a problem that I can't switch between my Earphones connected at the headphone jack and the in-built speakers of laptop. If I want to switch them then I have to remove my earphones from the headphone jack. I...
  8. I can't switch my audio device.

I can't switch my audio device.: When i connect my headphones my computer thinks its still speakers so the sound switches to my headphones but i cant change it back to the actual speakers without unplugging my headphones....
  9. Need help switching between three monitors

Need help switching between three monitors: I have my computer connected to three screens. Two 1080p monitors and a 4k TV. I want to use the two monitors for regular use, but switch over to displaying on the TV for media consumption. Also, one of the two monitors I'm using is oriented vertically. My monitors are as...
  10. Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices

Unable to switch between Bluetooth audio devices: Hi, I just installed a csr dongle on my machine. I had no trouble finding and pairing both my Jabra earphones and a Sony speaker. The problem now is that I can't find a way to switch between the two. Only the Jabra earphones which were paired first work. The Sony speaker is...