Windows 10: I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

Discus and support I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I have an issue with audio devices on my computer, my G403 headset is connected to my zowie monitor via usb, I have an AOC monitor to which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elbananaso, Nov 12, 2019.

1. I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

Hello all, I have an issue with audio devices on my computer, my G403 headset is connected to my zowie monitor via usb, I have an AOC monitor to which I connected a set of speakers via the headphone jack.

The issue is that I cannot switch consistently between my devices, I should be able to switch my pc on and have speakers and then have the option to switch to my frigging headset if I decide to use VOIP and not have echo.

I'd love if I could get a tutorial or an app that did this without me having to go near the goddamn windows audio device manager.

Right now I'm listening RPGlimitbreak through my headphones but windows says that the audio device is my AOC G246 monitor.

Please help.

submitted by /u/Elbananaso
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elbananaso, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Switching audio devices is a pain, what can I do?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt audio driver.

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by Billion Debbarma on December 14, 2015. Check if it helps.

Problems switching audio devices

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 12, 2019
  4. I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

Problems switching audio devices

Hi toiren,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate the steps you have perform, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the
    driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them.

1. I need help with my audio devices. Can't switch consistently between them. - Similar Threads - need help audio

2. audio isn't working i can't even test my audio devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio isn't working i can't even test my audio devices: So first my Windows audio service wasn't started and i couldn't let it start because of an error 0x0070005 but i fixed that by going to the properties of windows audio then logon and i checked Local System acount and apply. After i did that the red cross went away and i had...
  3. Need help with audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with audio: I’m not sure if this is the right place to put this but I’m trying to record my gameplay to post to my YouTube but I don’t want to have my speech and music being recorded aswell, I’m using GeForce Experience which records all audio coming from the default output. So I need to...
  4. Audio Issues Switching Between HDMI Inputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues Switching Between HDMI Inputs: Having problems with audio when switching between HDMI Inputs. Have tried updating drivers, changing output devices, windows audio restart, switching which HDMI they are on, changed HDMI cords etc. NOTHING works. We have a PC in HDMI 3 and a PS4 in HDMI 2. HDMI 2 always works...
  5. I need help to make changes to my device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help to make changes to my device: Right now i need your help my computer uses edge every time I open a page it loads directly in this browser, but I want it to open in Google Chrome because it’s faster. I have Chrome downloaded but I don’t know how to make it default....
  6. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  7. I need help with audio being mono.

I need help with audio being mono.: Hello, im having a problem with audio. The audio jacket has been fixed but when i plug in the headphone the audio coming from it is like monoish. In settings it shows that its stereo. I have laptop Samsung np300v5a s02ee and i use Realtek audio driver (latest version)...
  8. Ok , so I need help with my sound devices.

Ok , so I need help with my sound devices.: So for the past month I've had this problem with a sound device called Digital Output, It wasnt there until I updated to windows 10. I had had this problem before but I forgot how I fixed it and what I had remembered no longer worked. I updated from windows 8.1 to 10 about...
  9. Audio Device Switching

Audio Device Switching: This is a problem I haven't found by searching, although the search terms are a bit tricky for this issue. Since upgrading from Windows 7, I have not been able to find an easy way to switch between audio devices easily on Windows 10. What I'm trying to do is switch between my...
  10. I can't switch between screens in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't switch between screens in Windows 10: I use Alt+Tab to switch between screens. Sometimes, it won't work and I will re-start my computer and I may have to do that multiple times before it works normally. I do notice that when it isn't working, I can't use the taskbar either to switch between screens (programs). I...