Windows 10: I need help with my optical drive

Discus and support I need help with my optical drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; M optical disc drive isnt working, I have two versions of this game (bfme 2) on disc and tried them both and they both don't work. so it must must be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tommy Chappell, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:02 PM.

1. Tommy Chappell Win User

I need help with my optical drive

M optical disc drive isnt working, I have two versions of this game (bfme 2) on disc and tried them both and they both don't work. so it must must be the optical drive on the laptop. I am using a HP laptop, not sure what model. windows 10. it was working perfectly before but now its not working. I have tried to uninstall the optical device from device manger and have the cd drive reboot but it still comes up with error message, cant locate disc or something. need help immediately.

:)

Tommy Chappell, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:02 PM
  2. Ernie San Win User

Optical Drive missing

Hello,

To find Optical Drive, we recommend checking it on Device Manager. Here are the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type and click Device Manager in Cortana search box.
    • Click View.
    • Select Show hidden devices.
    Let us know how it goes.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Optical Drive

Hi ERNESTSMITHVM,

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and check that the Optical drive is listed there, if it is not then the Acer Tech has somehow not connected that drive correctly . . .

Otherwise, in Windows , open Device Manager - is hat drive listed at the top of the Hardware list?

4. Dalmango Win User

Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Thanks,

• When you mentioned D Drive, are you pertaining to a partition or a separate external drive? - D Drive = Solid State Drive; 1 of 2 internal drives (the other being an optical drive);
    • Were you able to check if indexing was already completed? - Indexing completed on each attempt of rectification;
    • In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter - Done prior to posting; useless! It does not find any problems.

Thema:

1. I need help with my optical drive - Similar Threads - need help optical

2. i NEED HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i NEED HELP: Okay so starting about the end of june I started having issues with my computer freezing up. Recently I looked at the event viewer and these are what I got: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 9/10/2018 16:11:05 Event ID: 1000...
  3. I NEED HELP WITH MY PRINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I NEED HELP WITH MY PRINTER: I'll just cut to the point... So, recently I have been working on setting up my new ancient printer, yes, the HP DeskJet D1660. I found the drivers needed for it and got everything as it should be. But oh no, i failed just like i failed at living. So the printer only shows...
  4. I NEED HELP WITH MY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I NEED HELP WITH MY BRIGHTNESS: I CANT CHANGE MY BRIGHTNESS THE CHANGE OPTION IS LOCKED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/i-need-help-with-my-brightness/dd20c261-8ed6-4a6d-afd7-9c3f21957af9
  5. Optical Drive Error

Optical Drive Error: Drive exist in Device manager but is not accessible to read or write. Error message reads"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Object Name not found." I have uninstalled drive and reinstalled with no...
  6. My Optical Drive

My Optical Drive: How do I tell if my optical drive will play a MP3 disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-optical-drive/5a357e41-e13a-4433-b653-c938385f696c
  7. optical drive and mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    optical drive and mouse: Windows 10 has many problems. Fisrt of all when I downloaded it on the first day that it came out, there were sooo many problems. It did not work with this and that. Then about 3 weeks ago my MS office expired. How is this possible? I own the original discs. (Do not upgrade)...
  8. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14
  9. i need help

in Windows 10 Support
    i need help: i install windows 10 enterprise X64 but in wallpaper shows it evaluation period [img] 38362
  10. I really need help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    I really need help with my laptop: Hi everyone I have a very uncommon problem with my laptop, the thing is that when I play League (or any other game) it just restarts itself and I've tried so many things such as cleaning the inside of the pc(the hardware), I formatted it so it was completely clena(software),...