Windows 10: I need help with my PC resolution

Discus and support I need help with my PC resolution in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I downloaded a game called "IB" online and since it's old, it messed up resolution/scale of some apps/displays/etc to 800x600. How can I fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rivera Matcheli, Jun 28, 2022.

1. I need help with my PC resolution

So I downloaded a game called "IB" online and since it's old, it messed up resolution/scale of some apps/displays/etc to 800x600. How can I fix this mess?

:)

Rivera Matcheli, Jun 28, 2022

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

I need help with my PC resolution

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

I need help with my PC resolution

1. I need help with my PC resolution - Similar Threads - need help resolution

2. Hello I need help with a resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I need help with a resolution: So bassicly i need help with resoulutions, cus I can only have 3 resolutions without black bars. All other resoulitons have them. And I wanna have streched res ingame like diffrent games but I can just change it in the game but NO when i also change it ingame no blackbars but...
  3. Hello I need help with a resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help with a resolution: So bassicly i need help with resoulutions, cus I can only have 3 resolutions without black bars. All other resoulitons have them. And I wanna have streched res ingame like diffrent games but I can just change it in the game but NO when i also change it ingame no blackbars but...
  4. Help I need My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I need My PC: Help I recently updated My PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8.1 Pro but it worked normally until I want to actívate it I used a key un the installer ando I want to use the same but it tells me "This key cannot be used to activate this edition of Windows. Try another" the...
  5. I need help with my PC resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my PC resolution: So I downloaded a game called "IB" online and since it's old, it messed up resolution/scale of some apps/displays/etc to 800x600. How can I fix this mess? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-pc-resolution/fae9499c-e789-4b79-b202-1208b0bbc0e6
  6. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my pc: I have problems with my pc my dwm and client server runtime process are eating my gpu when I use my mouse i tryed everything please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-pc/3cfff30d-61f0-4358-96fb-d64a7f2dc589
  7. I need help regarding resolutions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help regarding resolutions: So I was using my TV as a monitor for my laptop to watch movies and stuff, I then realized if I change the resolution to the one higher than the default one on my laptop there are less pixels and it's more clear. Of course there was some Visible Changes (on the laptop...
  8. I need Help With My monitor resolution!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need Help With My monitor resolution!: I have a Gtx 1650 super with a core i3 4160 and 16 gb ram. I had a 144hz monitor that was 1080 by 1920 that worked fine! then I recently plugged in a second one thats 60 hz and also 1080 by 1920. and the Active signal resolution was 1024 by 786 and it was BLURRY. I have...
  9. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with my pc: So i reset pc because i was having blue screen errors after i restarted my pc due to a game that was having problems as well i did that so now i reset my pc and i think your supposed to get another account making screen and i didn’t get it so im stick on other user.please...
  10. I need help with my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my pc.: So right now letters are being typed repeatedly, but i typed them 3 days ago, and it just keeps happening. Anyone got a reason as to why it keeps happening. submitted by /u/Frosty_bong [link] [comments]...