Windows 10: I Need help with my search bar

Discus and support I Need help with my search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; The search bar was working fine for a long time but i don't know why it doesn't anymore . When i try to search anything nothing happens just some... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Schurkee1, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Schurkee1 Win User

I Need help with my search bar

The search bar was working fine for a long time but i don't know why it doesn't anymore .

When i try to search anything nothing happens just some purple dots on the top moving really fast and nothing else shows up pls help me this is driving me crazy !!

Thanks!

:)

Schurkee1, Sep 4, 2019

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. I Need help with my search bar - Similar Threads - Need help search

2. I need help editing text in the search bar window

in Cortana
    I need help editing text in the search bar window: Hello, I have a user which is trying to change the text area when you click on the search bar next to the start button in windows 10, he would like to change the "company name recommended" part of the photo, but I have no idea where that is stored. We are on a domain, and I...
  3. I need help editing text in the search bar window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help editing text in the search bar window: Hello, I have a user which is trying to change the text area when you click on the search bar next to the start button in windows 10, he would like to change the "company name recommended" part of the photo, but I have no idea where that is stored. We are on a domain, and I...
  4. I need help editing text in the search bar window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why search bar need loading?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why search bar need loading?: Why this appear at search bar everytime i start the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-search-bar-need-loading/8282e868-32e5-484a-970e-b9c2e66291fd
  6. Search Bar Not Working (HELP)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar Not Working (HELP): Windows search bar stopped working i've tried so many things at this point. Please help me get it back working again I cant access a lot of my programs. submitted by /u/Demigration [link] [comments]...
  7. I need help setting my default search engine

I need help setting my default search engine: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WhatASave456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ir56an/i_need_help_setting_my_default_search_engine/
  8. This search bar won’t go away I need help with that

This search bar won’t go away I need help with that: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sunshine-the-wolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/howpq1/this_search_bar_wont_go_away_i_need_help_with_that/
  9. I need help with search engines in my laptop

I need help with search engines in my laptop: I have an ASUS laptop, it is a little old, but it does has Windows 10. The problem is that my info isn't getting saved in the search engines. For example, I log in my gmail account, I close the tab and I have to log in again, even if I put "remember info". I thought it was a...
  10. help search bar

help search bar: [ATTACH] type here to search is gone from the search bar https://preview.redd.it/nvw4bbqgjqy41.jpg?width=348&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6f3b29e2e6e7d24f4d5504ae2ad90a733de98cdb submitted by /u/NiceIndependent6 [link] [comments]...