Windows 10: I need help with my Windows "family account"

Discus and support I need help with my Windows "family account" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just set up my first computer today, and put in my email to use, and now I'm in trying to download stuff, but it insists I need permission from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DejaDeja15, Aug 1, 2020.

1. I need help with my Windows "family account"

So I just set up my first computer today, and put in my email to use, and now I'm in trying to download stuff, but it insists I need permission from a "Parent account".

My email has never been linked to a family account and I can't figure out a way to switch the email to try to stop this. Is there any way I can like factory reset my PC and reinstall windows so I can use a different email¿

submitted by /u/DejaDeja15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DejaDeja15, Aug 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Aug 1, 2020
  4. I need help with my Windows "family account"

need help setting my family up i have done everything but still not working

Hi Bailey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set up family and it is not working. We will help you to resolve the issue.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

1. What happens exactly after setting your family?

2. Are you getting any error message?

How do I set up family on Windows 10?

• To help keep kids safer, adults and kids can connect their Microsoft accounts in the same family.
    • To add adults or kids to your family, go to
      account.microsoft.com/family,
      select Sign in, then
      Add. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, select
      Create an account,
      then follow the instructions.
    • Once the family has been set up, adults can block inappropriate websites, apps and games, limit overall screen time, see reports of kids’ activity, and add money to kids’ accounts.

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article “Set up family features” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

I need help with my Windows "family account"

1. I need help with my Windows "family account" - Similar Threads - need help family

2. I need to remove my account from my family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to remove my account from my family: I need to remove an email from a family without acces to the owner account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-remove-my-account-from-my-family/b6ef45aa-56c5-4309-83eb-ec39c0066a52
  3. I need to remove my account from my family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need to remove my account from my family: I need to remove an email from a family without acces to the owner account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-remove-my-account-from-my-family/b6ef45aa-56c5-4309-83eb-ec39c0066a52
  4. I need to remove my account from my family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need my account to be brought out of microsoft family.

I need my account to be brought out of microsoft family.: So, my microsoft account was hacked few days ago and to get it back i had to use another microsoft account which for i chose my younger sisters account. I recovered my microsoft account and i unlinked my sisters account from my microsoft account but my birth date for some...
  6. I need my account to be brought out of microsoft family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my account to be brought out of microsoft family.: So, my microsoft account was hacked few days ago and to get it back i had to use another microsoft account which for i chose my younger sisters account. I recovered my microsoft account and i unlinked my sisters account from my microsoft account but my birth date for some...
  7. I need my account to be brought out of microsoft family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I need help to bypass family features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to bypass family features: My dad recently put family features restrictions on my laptop. I’m trying to download Minecraft windows edition to the laptop. I don’t have access to the store and he won’t let me download it. I don’t have admin on my laptop but I do have access to another laptop that has...
  9. I need to delete an adult account in my family

I need to delete an adult account in my family: I need to delete an adult account in my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-an-adult-account-in-my-family/0b62e777-be8f-4b1e-990b-b248389bf1ee"
  10. I need help with my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help with my account: My situation is that, I have 2 HP laptops, everything works fine, but many people know my pin, and I would like to make my laptops more personal, so that everyone cannot access it....