Windows 10: I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903

Discus and support I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have recently updated from 1607 and my boot time was consistently 10 seconds, every single time without fail. Since updating to 1903 my boot time is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phil0sophy, Nov 12, 2019.

1. I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903

I have recently updated from 1607 and my boot time was consistently 10 seconds, every single time without fail.

Since updating to 1903 my boot time is now 55 seconds and I am getting errors in event viewer over boot times, this is what I have done so far.

- Run sfc scannow which has come back completely clean

- Tried clean boot and disabled all known startup services and there is no difference whatsoever.

- Tried 3rd party software (bootracer) and there is no indication of any startup programs causing slowdown and it doesn't tell me what else could be causing the issue.

Every 10 or so reboots it has a random boot up where it actually does boot within 10 seconds and works like it did before, however for the most part it is just doing this.

Is there any way someone could help me find out what could be causing this issue? It might seem insignificant to some but to me it's pretty annoying and points to an issue behind the scenes because clearly something must be causing this.

:)

Phil0sophy, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 12, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903 :mad:

scevism, Nov 12, 2019
  4. I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903

Help! Insanely Slow Boot Time!

Hi all,

So I have been having problems with my pc booting from day 1 when I bought it from CyberPowerPC. I have all my drivers installed and Windows 7 running on a 128GB SSD and a 2TB drive for storage. It can take up to 5-10 minutes for my pc to boot, it will get stuck at certain points during booting and I will have to hard boot my pc and switch off the psu and start again. Sometimes it will take just a minute for it to boot, though from my understanding it should be under 10 seconds from an SSD. I am thinking it is a problem with my mobo, please help!

(My full specs are listed under my name on the left hand side)

The_Edster, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903

1. I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - need help slow

2. Slow Windows 11 Boot Time Issue - Need Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Windows 11 Boot Time Issue - Need Help!: Hi everyone,I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 through a clean installation. I formatted my C drive completely, leaving the files on my D drive untouched. However, since the upgrade, I've been experiencing a significant issue with the booting time. It takes...
  3. Slow Windows 11 Boot Time Issue - Need Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Windows 11 Boot Time Issue - Need Help!: Hi everyone,I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 through a clean installation. I formatted my C drive completely, leaving the files on my D drive untouched. However, since the upgrade, I've been experiencing a significant issue with the booting time. It takes...
  4. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  5. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  6. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Slow boot at startup(I need help!)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot at startup(I need help!): Hello everyone, I have problem with my brother's computer - it's booting too slow(45 seconds). He has got M.2 drive so I think it should boots in about 5-15 seconds. The computer is new(he has got it for one month), but my brother has downloaded a trojan while this...
  8. Slow Windows 10 Pro boot version 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Windows 10 Pro boot version 1903: Hi, My Windows is taking 4 to 5 minutes to enter the user screen. See image Event report. Thank you Windows 10 Pro 64 bits v.1903 build18362.778 156357
  9. I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help with slow boot times on windows 10 1903: I have recently updated from 1607 and my boot time was consistently 10 seconds, every single time without fail. Since updating to 1903 my boot time is now 55 seconds and I am getting errors in event viewer over boot times, this is what I have done so far. - Run sfc scannow...
  10. Windows Slow Boot Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Slow Boot Time: Recently my computer has had a slow boot time, like 4 minutes slow, and this has started in the past month or two. I've tried uninstalling programs that i never use and deleting recently installed ones, i've tried defragging my hard drive, i dusted out my pc, limited startup...