Windows 10: I need help with the Microsoft Store

Discus and support I need help with the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Whenever I try to install an app from the store, the install button will not work. It will register that it has been pressed, but nothing will happen,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Hoadhane, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Hoadhane Win User

I need help with the Microsoft Store

Whenever I try to install an app from the store, the install button will not work. It will register that it has been pressed, but nothing will happen, except add it to my library. If i try to install it from there, once again, the button will register being pressed, but it will not install. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Hoadhane, Aug 24, 2019

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. I need help with the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - need help Microsoft

2. Microsoft store help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store help: Please i need your help because I uninstall apps in powershell and now i cant install microsoft store and i need it to work again. I hope your help thanks 138475
  3. i need help

i need help: so I was using fresh paint I took a pic and imported it but I forgot I had already drew something but when I tried to erase it erased my pic instead. Fresh paint I got one thing to say shame on you...
  4. I need help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need help: Got windows 10 2 years ago & 2 nights ago I plugged up my e: backup drive, but hear this 'boop del boop' sound & in testing the sounds the computer makes + recording them on my camera, I found out it was a hardware conflict, so how I think it is between that drive e: & my...
  5. I need help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help!: so basically i installed a few updates on my win 10 pc, and sometimes it says something about storage, and when i tried pulling out the cable and back in, i started the computer and, it just kept switching between the display port and hdmi with nothing actually showing on the...
  6. I need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help: I was wondering if I can uninstall windows 10 and install it again cause lastnite somehow I guess I installed it and I guess I had windows 7 and I didn't install things right and it took away all my pictures and took my bookmarks away please please someone help me...
  7. I need help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need help: So basically I wanted to download Netflix on my computer and I did so through the micro soft store. I had to use a Microsoft account so I used my sons xbox account which has parental controls but I no longer have access to the parent account because It was an old work email I...
  8. i NEED HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i NEED HELP: Okay so starting about the end of june I started having issues with my computer freezing up. Recently I looked at the event viewer and these are what I got: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 9/10/2018 16:11:05 Event ID: 1000...
  9. Need help upgrading 3D Builder from the Microsoft Store...

Need help upgrading 3D Builder from the Microsoft Store...: I'd like to upgrade 3D Builder to the newest version but every time I go into the store, the only option I appear to have is "Launch"--nothing about upgrading it. It only says that the "product is installed." How do I upgrade 3D Builder to the most recent version?...
  10. i need help

in Windows 10 Support
    i need help: i install windows 10 enterprise X64 but in wallpaper shows it evaluation period [img] 38362