Windows 10: i need help with the resolution (pls be patient with my bad English)

Discus and support i need help with the resolution (pls be patient with my bad English) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so my computer recently had an error and after the computer restored and all that i noticed something, lets say i want to put 720p on my display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CharacterReaction240, Jan 2, 2021.

1. i need help with the resolution (pls be patient with my bad English)

so my computer recently had an error and after the computer restored and all that i noticed something, lets say i want to put 720p on my display instead of 768p(default) now if i pick something lower than what my screen is it wont fill the screen it will just show the equivalent of that resolution on my screen(wont fill whole screen) and this also happens with games, lets say i play 480 it wont fill the screen it will just show 480 pixels high but not filling my screen

submitted by /u/CharacterReaction240
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CharacterReaction240, Jan 2, 2021

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 2, 2021
  4. STR
    str Win User

i need help with the resolution (pls be patient with my bad English)

evga x58 sli classified cant detect my plextor m5pro 128gb pls help!!

pls help guys ive googled everywhere but cant solve this issue and sorry for my bad english

Thema:

i need help with the resolution (pls be patient with my bad English)

1. i need help with the resolution (pls be patient with my bad English) - Similar Threads - need help resolution

2. hi i need help pls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hi i need help pls: HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS!MTB file name C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-2833860890-4082920300-1781451404-1002\$RJI1IL8.7_ENG\bin\Inject\x86\KMS.dll it doesn't show in the recycle bin and cant be remove or quarantined by microsoft defender...
  3. HI! There I Need Help Pls!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI! There I Need Help Pls!: My Screen Resolution Got Stucked on 1024x768 and less after i updated my driver using ccleanerand feels like my graphic drivers not working but its enabled will reseting my laptop fix it? or is there other ways?...
  4. HI! There I Need Help Pls!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HI! There I Need Help Pls!: My Screen Resolution Got Stucked on 1024x768 and less after i updated my driver using ccleanerand feels like my graphic drivers not working but its enabled will reseting my laptop fix it? or is there other ways?...
  5. I need help with my PC resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my PC resolution: So I downloaded a game called "IB" online and since it's old, it messed up resolution/scale of some apps/displays/etc to 800x600. How can I fix this mess? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-pc-resolution/fae9499c-e789-4b79-b202-1208b0bbc0e6
  6. I need help with my PC resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my PC resolution: So I downloaded a game called "IB" online and since it's old, it messed up resolution/scale of some apps/displays/etc to 800x600. How can I fix this mess? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-pc-resolution/fae9499c-e789-4b79-b202-1208b0bbc0e6
  7. pls I need help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pls I need help: an hacker stole my account pls help me I have a lot of things on that account pls someone can link me the mail of microsoft support pls pls I need to recover that account pls pls I removed it with the antivirus but it stole my account psl help me...
  8. Need help badly pls come help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help badly pls come help: ## A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:## EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at pc=0x0000000000000000, pid=7288, tid=9752## JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Microsoft-22300 16.0.1+9 build 16.0.1+9# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM...
  9. i need help pls

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need help pls: hi friend sry if my English is bad but I don't have very good details about the problem when I let windows like messenger app and discord app idl for sometimes it's goes black and I can't access to him I need to restart the app , I format my pc before but the same problem...
  10. I need help badly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help badly: So I decided to go to a restore point on my PC today. And everything was going fine, until I realized it's been an hour and the restore process was still going. All I could see was a black screen. So I shut down my pc, and now I'm stack at a blue screen of death. I've tried...