Windows 10: I need help with the UAC prompt (allow this app to make changes to your pc)!

Discus and support I need help with the UAC prompt (allow this app to make changes to your pc)! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are some apps on my pc (like origin, MSI afterburner and others) where every time I open them, the prompt shows up. Anyway to change it for those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Crosgaard, Jan 15, 2021.

1. I need help with the UAC prompt (allow this app to make changes to your pc)!

There are some apps on my pc (like origin, MSI afterburner and others) where every time I open them, the prompt shows up. Anyway to change it for those specific apps and not the whole OS? I’ve seen some 3’rd party apps but if there is a direct windows feature I’d love to know! If 3’rd party apps are the only solutions pls link some trusted ones... thx a lot!

submitted by /u/Crosgaard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Crosgaard, Jan 15, 2021

2. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

How to turn off and disable UAC in Windows 10

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Jan 15, 2021
  3. UAC not allowing software activation

Hello Lourenco,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to check if the User Account you are logged in is the Administrator account or not. Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz to open the
      Advanced User Accounts Control Panel which lists all the users accounts created on a computer.
    However, if you are the administrator, I would suggest you to disable the User Account Control. Follow the below steps and check with the results.

• Type in UAC in the Search Bar and select Change User Account Control Settings.
    • Under User Account Control settings, drag the slider down to Don't notify me when I make changes to the Windows settings.
    • Reboot your computer before the changes take effect.
    UAC Turn Off Disclaimer:

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We
    don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Additionally, I would also suggest you to enable the
    built in administrator account and check if it helps you through the process of the
    Power DVD product activation.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information feel free to write to us and we woud be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 15, 2021
  4. NEKHELP Win User

I need help with the UAC prompt (allow this app to make changes to your pc)!

Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

Hello,

I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still
    prompts them when they try to launch the program.

How can I allow them to run this program with no prompt. It worked before on windows 10 but I am not the one who set up the system then. This is a new PC.

Thanks

NEKHELP, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

I need help with the UAC prompt (allow this app to make changes to your pc)!

1. I need help with the UAC prompt (allow this app to make changes to your pc)! - Similar Threads - need help UAC

2. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  3. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  4. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I stop the UAC message: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer?

How can I stop the UAC message: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer?: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computerI get that message now for many programs I run on my Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1826 systems. This happens for programs that have valid publishers and that have not caused that message in years past.There once was a...
  6. How can I stop the UAC message: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I stop the UAC message: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer?: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computerI get that message now for many programs I run on my Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1826 systems. This happens for programs that have valid publishers and that have not caused that message in years past.There once was a...
  7. How can I stop the UAC message: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Allow app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app to make changes to your device: You know that popup you get when opening an exe file that asks if you want to allow the app to change files (I think it's done to prevent viruses so when you click you know it could change the files), but why some other exe files (like a certain unity game) will not ask that...
  9. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt: Hello, I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still prompts...
  10. "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC"?

"Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC"?: Hi everybody. I need a t-shirt that says "I survived the upgrade to Windows 10". I started it Sunday afternoon, from Win 7, and finished it Monday afternoon. Whew. Completely lost my home Wifi use, in the process and had to research it on the other PC, which had been upgraded...