Windows 10: I need help with unicode I see the symbols as squares

Discus and support I need help with unicode I see the symbols as squares in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/gallery/E12NVRQ I have looked for solutions everywhere and two days ago I tried to fix it but it is not possible so if there can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ManuelGN, Mar 7, 2020.

1. ManuelGN Win User

I need help with unicode I see the symbols as squares

https://imgur.com/gallery/E12NVRQ

I have looked for solutions everywhere and two days ago I tried to fix it but it is not possible so if there can be someone to help me please

:)

ManuelGN, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Marched Win User

Unicode characters (arrows, for example) looks like squares in a Courier New font

Unicode characters (arrows, for example) looks like a squares in a Courier New font. The same font on OS X shows all arrow symbols fine.

↑ - this symbol looks fine, but this - ↖ - looks like a square.

DejaVu Sans Mono shows all of them correctly.

P.S.

The problem exists in PuTTY and Cygwin consoles, the web browser with Courier New shows arrows fine.

Marched, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Unicode Hindi

There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added
    any other alternative could be suggested which can be applied as a short cut.

Many thanks.

Aishwarj

AISHWARJKUMAR, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Tesser4D Win User

How do I get all unicode characters?

Is there a way to download a font that has all unicode characters so that I never have to see those squares again (until unicode gets updated of course)?

The only way I see right now is to download every language available but even then some symbols are not included. So is there another way?

Tesser4D, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. I need help with unicode I see the symbols as squares - Similar Threads - need help unicode

2. Why am I seeing squares system Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing squares system Icons: For some reason I am seeing squares instead of system icons. also in search the power options is displaying squares. This also impacts some windows applications not showing "words" or icons. This is not the desktop application icons but wifi icon in the tray and power under...
  3. Why am I seeing squares system Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing squares system Icons: For some reason I am seeing squares instead of system icons. also in search the power options is displaying squares. This also impacts some windows applications not showing "words" or icons. This is not the desktop application icons but wifi icon in the tray and power under...
  4. i need help i cannot see my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help i cannot see my network: i am unable to see my network here is a picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-i-cannot-see-my-network/df2748cf-b781-4946-a0db-82fcf6443815
  5. i need help i cannot see my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help i cannot see my network: i am unable to see my network here is a picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-i-cannot-see-my-network/df2748cf-b781-4946-a0db-82fcf6443815
  6. i need help i cannot see my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried...: Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried everything thing from changing font to all settings but nothing happened , Please help me out?I changed many fonts but nothing changed....
  8. Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols: I would like to submit a minidump log to get technical help on a persistent BSOD “PnP Detected Fatal Error.” I cannot, however, because the logs are in unreadable Unicode symbols. I cannot find a setting or other solution that makes the logs readable. Would appreciate any...
  9. Square around wifi symbol

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Square around wifi symbol: This seems odd, but I suddenly notice I have squares around the wifi symbols when I open the network tray in the bottom right corner. See attached. ? 165959
  10. Need help with symbolic links

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with symbolic links: Windows 10, build 19041.329 I am trying to set up a computer with Windows 10. The problem I am having is this: After I installed Windows 10, I then followed the advice given here, How to move user folders to different location on Windows 10 | Windows Central, to move all of...