Windows 10: I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive.

Discus and support I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Basically I moved my videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I should have created a folder in D drive and moved my videos folder from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gestobersenpai, Apr 2, 2020.

1. I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive.

I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive. 5muaTg06xjwcAkQQY1NlK0ShXyD2JeCr-5J_5GyzHmQ.jpg

Basically I moved my videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I should have created a folder in D drive and moved my videos folder from my C drive to the folder in D drive. Now my videos folder is merged with my D drive. I can't restore videos folder to default location because when I try to message appears saying, " Failed to built the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\DeliveryWindowsApps". Access is denied." and I can't move videos folder from D drive to a created folder in D drive because when I try to a message appears saying, "Can't redirect a parent into a child. The specified path is invalid.". Can anyone help me how to unmerge videos folder and D drive and move videos folder from D drive to a folder in D drive?

https://preview.redd.it/l3c0qm92xgq...bp&s=decb7b0b5ac95dd5052bc63e994692372eca4942

submitted by /u/Gestobersenpai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gestobersenpai, Apr 2, 2020
  2. O.Abbadi Win User

Unmerge User Folders in Windows 10

Hi

One month ago I installed Windows 8.1 to my laptop.

I moved the locations of the user folders (pictures, musics, & videos) from drive C: to drive D: .

Unfortunately, instead of moving them respectively to (D:\Multimedia\pictures, D:\Multimedia\musics, & D:\Multimedia\videos), I moved them all to the parent folder (D:\Multimedia), so they became merged and I had three user folders with the same name, location,
    and contents.

I tried to move them to the right locations, or to reset them back to the default locations, but when I changed one the other two were changed the same automatically!

I thought the problem will be fixed when I upgrade to windows 10. I upgraded to windows 10 two days ago, but the problem remained.

So how can I unmerge my user folders in windows 10?

O.Abbadi, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Kiiview Win User
    Videos Folder is now D Drive

I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects
    me to the D drive. The videos folder itself is now my D drive. I can't undo this, as I don't have any system restore points. Is there any way to fix this?
    I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive. 666cf4d1-665e-46be-984b-13abc71b54d8?upload=true.png

Kiiview, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive.

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive.

1. I need help with unmerging videos folder from D drive. - Similar Threads - need help unmerging

2. Videos Folder is now D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos Folder is now D Drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  3. How To Unmerge Desktop folder From Disk D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Unmerge Desktop folder From Disk D: I already set to %Userprofile% desktop in regedit. And how to unmerge desktop folder from Disk D. I need to restore back to default location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unmerge-desktop-folder-from-disk-d/591cd8f7-508e-4f59-ae0f-b30a11240db9
  4. How To Unmerge Desktop folder From Disk D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Unmerge Desktop folder From Disk D: I already set to %Userprofile% desktop in regedit. And how to unmerge desktop folder from Disk D. I need to restore back to default location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unmerge-desktop-folder-from-disk-d/591cd8f7-508e-4f59-ae0f-b30a11240db9
  5. How To Unmerge Desktop folder From Disk D

6. Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them: I accidentally merges my D drive and desktop folder together and I do not know know how to unmerged them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merged-d-drive-with-desktop-folder-and-want-to/2d7ca7f8-0687-4fa3-bd32-93f548ac1da4
  7. Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them

Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them: I accidentally merges my D drive and desktop folder together and I do not know know how to unmerged them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merged-d-drive-with-desktop-folder-and-want-to/2d7ca7f8-0687-4fa3-bd32-93f548ac1da4
  8. Videos folder is now on d drive

Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  9. Videos folder is now on d drive

Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  10. Videos Folder is now D Drive

Videos Folder is now D Drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...