Windows 10: I need help with windows 10 restart

Discus and support I need help with windows 10 restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I decided to restart my PC after the internet adapter wasn't working properly. And when I press restart, it takes forever to turn off, and says:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/metodmiha, Nov 28, 2020.

1. I need help with windows 10 restart

I decided to restart my PC after the internet adapter wasn't working properly. And when I press restart, it takes forever to turn off, and says: getting windows ready, and don't turn off your PC. When it actually turns off, it should reboot, right? Well, the PC'S working, but there's nothing on the monitor. It's pitch black. There's no signal. Any help would be appreciated as fast as possible.

submitted by /u/metodmiha
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/metodmiha, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 28, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I need help with windows 10 restart

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

I need help with windows 10 restart

1. I need help with windows 10 restart - Similar Threads - need help restart

2. I need help to fix my Windows 10 restart looping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help to fix my Windows 10 restart looping: I factory reset my windows 10 laptop it's stuck on 64% it's keep on turning back on and off for how many hours, nothing is happening. I need help to fix it....
  3. Random restarts, need help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restarts, need help!: Hello All! A few weeks ago I began to experience random BSOD / random power loss...usually while PC is idle but has happened when gaming. Thinking it was PSU related, swapped two additional units (Seasonic and EVGA) and still ran into this issue. From there reinstalled the...
  4. Windows 10 I need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 I need help.: Hey Guys! I have a Lenovo Laptop that has windows 10, originally Windows 7 & its really slow. it came with 4GB of RAM so i got 4 more GB so now it is at 8GB of Ram. Originally had 320GB HDD then I put in 750GB HDD with a freah windows 10 install. I never reinstalled anything...
  5. Windows keeps restarting and i need help

Windows keeps restarting and i need help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok-Internet-657 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j05uhn/windows_keeps_restarting_and_i_need_help/
  6. I need help with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with windows 10: I'd prefer to keep using my current version of Windows. Do I have to upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-windows-10/bcc32b2a-5e0a-44b8-8d65-c83a20289407
  7. I need help with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with Windows 10: Will all of my apps be compatible with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-windows-10/56e859dd-72e6-48e1-8b47-661531562223
  8. Really long restart - Need help

Really long restart - Need help: Hello all, I’ve been having a weird issue for quite some time now and haven’t been able to determine the root cause. When I click restart while in Windows it takes a very very long time to actually shutdown, it gets stuck on the restart screen. When I click shutdown it’s...
  9. I need Windows 10 Help

I need Windows 10 Help: I need help but please ignore this for testing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-windows-10-help/7eae3d66-e7f2-4be4-b2f4-d542511b9a8a
  10. URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent...

URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent...: How can I prevent Windows 10 from installing an update it just downloaded? I want to prevent the update because CrystalDiskInfo and WD's Data Lifeguard have found 200 bad sectors on my drive. I want to back up my drive as a precaution before letting WD DLG carry out repairs...