Windows 10: I Need more help before I am game to start this Clean Install please

Discus and support I Need more help before I am game to start this Clean Install please in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746 Good afternoon, me still "trying to do a clean install, This Clean Install has me "hiding under the bed Just when I think Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dasha, May 4, 2021.

1. Dasha Win User

I Need more help before I am game to start this Clean Install please

20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746 Good afternoon, me still "trying to do a clean install, This Clean Install has me "hiding under the bed Just when I think Im right to Launch" something else allways crops up! If I'ts may? I'll list the other Questions here? I have been at this for a month and the PC has is nearly "expired" There are 2 Windows 10 Upgrade's that I have put on hold (for another 2 days) KB500080230-Mar-2021Security Update for Windows 10 (KB5000802) KB500085827-Mar-2021Security Update for Windows 10 (KB5000858) What do I do about these Drivers packages DELL keep Emailing me to download?...... I dont know if I should download and back them up to my Ex HDD until after I run my Bootable USB, If I install them before then do the Clean Install they will be deleted should I see what drivers the Windows Clean Install brings first I have all the current old Drivers listed and Backed-up on the Ex HDD [F;] F, G, H, I I'm using the OSK' which does not become active in time to push (F12) before the DELL screen during the Clean Install boot-up ? My keyboard quit stopped weeks ago and I have tokeep re-starting Windows explorer in Task Manager because 8 or 9 Mozilla FF tabs build up without refreshing and screen goes to blankand I have no Desktop icon's or anything I dont know if I even if I have to close Secure Boot before doing the Clean Install first see Belarc Log Re Boot Mode: "UEFI with successful Secure Boot, (in Word doc Attachment) If I do have to venture there is there a tutorial describing how to ? thanks again Kind regards

:)

Dasha, May 4, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 4, 2021
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 4, 2021
  4. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. I Need more help before I am game to start this Clean Install please - Similar Threads - Need more help

2. I NEED MORE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I NEED MORE HELP!: apparently, my omen 15 ek000 whatever computer is on the brink of explosion due to the fact that AHHHHHthis has been happening after my laptop got repaired, they fixed the keyboard plate, gave it more ram, and repasted the thermal paste, this laptop has 16gb of ram natively...
  3. I NEED MORE HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I NEED MORE HELP!: apparently, my omen 15 ek000 whatever computer is on the brink of explosion due to the fact that AHHHHHthis has been happening after my laptop got repaired, they fixed the keyboard plate, gave it more ram, and repasted the thermal paste, this laptop has 16gb of ram natively...
  4. I NEED MORE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Please please I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please please I need help: PC dont recognize my password anymore. Says incorrect but it isnt. I restarted multiple times but I cant sign in and Im afraid that my account might be locked if I continue doing this without successful result. Im consulting and I want to sign in now. I need help please ....
  6. Please please I need help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please please I need help: PC dont recognize my password anymore. Says incorrect but it isnt. I restarted multiple times but I cant sign in and Im afraid that my account might be locked if I continue doing this without successful result. Im consulting and I want to sign in now. I need help please ....
  7. Please please I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I need help please im facing more problems on launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help please im facing more problems on launching games: I was testing out my laptop settings called graphics setting and I ran the game this issue happened [IMG] The white screen or black screen It's working properly and it seems doesn't display the game, it does same other game, some other game will launch and does nothing,...
  9. Last minute questions before i start clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last minute questions before i start clean install: Thanks to this great forum I have been gathering a heap of information for a new W10 Install to replace my existing W7 Pro – which I am about to start. I shall be going for W10 Home edition. I now have a Bootable USB version of W10 Home via MCT, purchased an OEM ‘unused’ W10...
  10. More urgent help needed please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    More urgent help needed please: I have downloaded the W10 ISO file onto a USB stick, in preparation for carrying out a clean install. I have then rebooted my pc and pressed F12 and chose the USB stick as the boot up method. However, when I have done this I am still getting a black screen with a blinking...