Windows 10: I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10

Discus and support I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am setting up my new Lenovo laptop. One practical problem I have is that it has fewer USB ports than my old HP laptop, something that I didn't notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taffy087, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10

I am setting up my new Lenovo laptop. One practical problem I have is that it has fewer USB ports than my old HP laptop, something that I didn't notice at the time unfortunately.

I presume that I'll need an external unit to provide extra USB ports. Can you recommend a product please?

I've created this in CPC. If this is wrong, would a Moderator please move it as appropriate? Many thanks.

:)

Taffy087, Aug 16, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10 [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 16, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 16, 2019
  4. I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10

1. I need more USB ports. Can you recommend the best way for me to have them? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - need more USB

2. all my usb ports say unknow usb device needs more power than port can supply yes iv tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my usb ports say unknow usb device needs more power than port can supply yes iv tried...: all my usb ports say unknow usb device needs more power than port can supply yes iv tried diffrent cords and devices dose not mater what it is all same thing...
  3. all my usb ports say unknow usb device needs more power than port can supply yes iv tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all my usb ports say unknow usb device needs more power than port can supply yes iv tried...: all my usb ports say unknow usb device needs more power than port can supply yes iv tried diffrent cords and devices dose not mater what it is all same thing...
  4. NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS: Hi. I have a problem with my USB port. I have 3 USB ports and my flashdrive is not detected. But my SD/TC card slot is functioning. I plugged my Flasdrive and opened device manager and the flash drive is not detected also. But with other computers, the same flash drives is...
  5. I have 2 usb 2.0 ports and 1 usb 3.0 port. Problem is all of them have a black plastic...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have 2 usb 2.0 ports and 1 usb 3.0 port. Problem is all of them have a black plastic...: So, the title says it all. How can I tell the difference between the ports. The look identical. Ports are: 2 usb 2.0 ports, 1 usb 3.0 port....
  6. "Unknown USB device needs more power than the Port can Supply"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Unknown USB device needs more power than the Port can Supply": This notification keeps showing up after I plug my mouse into the usb port of my surface pro 2017 but only when I plug my mouse in it. I can still use my external ssd or connect my phone without a problem on the same usb 3.0 port. What I don't get though, the mouse worked...
  7. Which antivirus do you recommend is best for Windows 10 Home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which antivirus do you recommend is best for Windows 10 Home?: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Home and please tell me what antivirus you recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resources. I mention that I checked on the AV-Test and AV-Comparatives sites and the antivirus that is embedded Windows 10...
  8. What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home: Hello, I installed Windows 10 Home and please let me know what antivirus I recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. I mention that I have checked AV-Test and AV-Comparatives and the antivirus that is embedded with Windows 10 Home,...
  9. What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home: Hello, I installed Windows 10 Home and please let me know what antivirus I recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. I mention that I have checked AV-Test and AV-Comparatives and the antivirus that is embedded with Windows 10 Home,...
  10. Any best file recovers software you guys can recommend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any best file recovers software you guys can recommend: So today I did a clean install but forgot to backup google chrome folder and instantly destroyed my 100 extension settings plz tell me only those file recovers who can recover the files from a formatted drive I tried recuva but that didn't work at all Any other suggestion...