Windows 10: I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV

Discus and support I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; "Virus & threat protection managed by your organisation"? Eh? I can't get Microsoft Defender to work because of this message. I worked in an office... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mark Kettlety, Jun 3, 2023.

1. I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV

"Virus & threat protection managed by your organisation"? Eh? I can't get Microsoft Defender to work because of this message. I worked in an office that wanted me to use Total AV over a year ago, that's lapsed now & uninstalled. I no longer work at that office - retired - I'm administrator on my own laptop. How do I lose this message and get Defender to work? 6 year old laptop, using Windows 10

:)

Mark Kettlety, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Ken Blake Win User

TOTAL AV

First, I know nothing about Total AV, and can't comment on how good it is.

But most important, you should *never* have more than one one anti-virus running at once. They can conflict with each other and cause problems. They can also slow down your computer.

One remaining point: As far as I'm concerned, McAfee is a poor choice of anti-virus programs these days. You would be better off dumping both it and Total AV, and using the built-in Windows Defender.

Ken Blake, Jun 3, 2023
  3. TOTAL AV

I installed TOTAL AV on my windows ten. I already had and still have McAfee anti virus/.firewall installed. I have had nothing but trouble since installing TOTAL AV.. But TOTAL AV told me that McAfee is not capable to handle windows 10 and that only
    TOTAL AV was approved by Microsoft to be used on windows 10. I checked reviews online and Total AV has some big complaints. Should I unistall them. it and keep Mc Afee only? Are they as bad as everyone caims? Thank you

Phyllis

PhyllisHisatake, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV

Total AV

www.av-test.org says that its level of malware protection is less than that of Defender and the other leading security packages.
    - Right-click on the little arrow on the right-hand end of its entry in the main table to see details.

Denis

Try3, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV

1. I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV - Similar Threads - need Defender replace

2. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total AV Disabled windows Defender: I have total AV installed on my computer, but it will not enable real time protection. Would it be windows defender is stopping it from working, and if I disable defender would it then work??thankscurly...
  3. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Total AV Disabled windows Defender: I have total AV installed on my computer, but it will not enable real time protection. Would it be windows defender is stopping it from working, and if I disable defender would it then work??thankscurly...
  4. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  6. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  7. I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV: "Virus & threat protection managed by your organisation"? Eh? I can't get Microsoft Defender to work because of this message. I worked in an office that wanted me to use Total AV over a year ago, that's lapsed now & uninstalled. I no longer work at that office - retired - I'm...
  8. I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need MS Defender to replace ex-Total AV: "Virus & threat protection managed by your organisation"? Eh? I can't get Microsoft Defender to work because of this message. I worked in an office that wanted me to use Total AV over a year ago, that's lapsed now & uninstalled. I no longer work at that office - retired - I'm...
  9. Uninstall Total AV

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall Total AV: How do I uninstall Total AV [Original Title: Sercurity] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uninstall-total-av/4fba9d54-7c65-4ec0-bcba-28f1a85e95e1
  10. TOTAL AV

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TOTAL AV: I installed TOTAL AV on my windows ten. I already had and still have McAfee anti virus/.firewall installed. I have had nothing but trouble since installing TOTAL AV.. But TOTAL AV told me that McAfee is not capable to handle windows 10 and that only TOTAL AV was...