Windows 10: I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...

Discus and support I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently decided to update to Windows 11 but once it finished and rebooted I was prompted with the BitLocker page. I had never encountered this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElektraL, May 27, 2022.

1. ElektraL Win User

I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...

So I recently decided to update to Windows 11 but once it finished and rebooted I was prompted with the BitLocker page. I had never encountered this before and my laptop is fairly new less than 1 year old. I’ve also never been asked to save the recovery key or anything of the sort. Hoping that my recover key is on my Microsoft account I try to log in only to find that it sent the verification code I needed to my old phone number. There was no option to send it to my email. I changed the phone number to the current one but apparently I need to wait 30 days for it to change. Now I can’t get

:)

ElektraL, May 27, 2022

2. BitLocker recovery number

I need a BitLocker recovery number and Microsoft listed three for me but my number is older.

I need the Bitlocker recovery number for Desktop-G56NOSG dated 6/24/2017.

Other information; Key ID = FDD6ADB1

Link id number is 857635

This is for a Lenovo MIIX 320-101CR and nothing works without the BitLocker recovery number.

I can not access by other login and even the F8 key is not working since it can't find the keyboard.

Thanks,

bingwriter, May 27, 2022
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, May 27, 2022
  4. I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 27, 2022
Thema:

I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...

1. I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how... - Similar Threads - need Bitlocker recovery

2. Anyway to bypass the 30 day lockout for changing my phone number.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyway to bypass the 30 day lockout for changing my phone number.: Hi, I got a new phone number a while ago and have only just got round to changing it now, I’m now locked out of using my PC for 30 days, is this some kind of sick joke? Why on earth would I need to be locked out for 30 days when every single other platform on the planet...
  3. My laptop needs my Bitdefender recovery key. But my account is waiting 30 days for the...

My laptop needs my Bitdefender recovery key. But my account is waiting 30 days for the...: How do I access my recovery key without being able to 2 factor sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-needs-my-bitdefender-recovery-key-but-my/68d8ba9f-3c9c-4795-9d26-0888707778ed
  4. My laptop needs my Bitdefender recovery key. But my account is waiting 30 days for the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop needs my Bitdefender recovery key. But my account is waiting 30 days for the...: How do I access my recovery key without being able to 2 factor sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-needs-my-bitdefender-recovery-key-but-my/68d8ba9f-3c9c-4795-9d26-0888707778ed
  5. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...: I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it...
  6. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...: I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it...
  7. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...: So I recently decided to update to Windows 11 but once it finished and rebooted I was prompted with the BitLocker page. I had never encountered this before and my laptop is fairly new less than 1 year old. I’ve also never been asked to save the recovery key or anything of the...
  9. Recovery key / verification email / wait 30 days

Recovery key / verification email / wait 30 days: 1 So one day, I open my laptop and MIcrosoft asks for my recovery key which I dont have. Tried all the listed recovery options but no success.2 I have access to my outlook and backup emails.3 BUT when I was asked for a code, I do not get any in the backup email.4 AND...
  10. 30 day wait period for number change

30 day wait period for number change: I desperately need to login to my PC. We were attempting to problem solve the printer not communicating to the computer and we did a windows upgrade and restart. After the restart microsoft was asking for a verification pin that was going to an old number. When we attempted...