Windows 10: I need my CD/DVD player on my laptop to work; I have Windows 10

Discus and support I need my CD/DVD player on my laptop to work; I have Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What do I need to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WendyHaydon1, Jun 22, 2019.

1. I need my CD/DVD player on my laptop to work; I have Windows 10

What do I need to do?

:)

WendyHaydon1, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Ivann1938 Win User

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

Ivann1938, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Johni2 Win User
    CD/DVD Player not working

The CD/DVD player on my desktop pc, has become very unreliable, since updating to windows 10

Problem:

With a CD/DVD inserted into the player .

• 1% of the time it works correctly and play a CD without any problems.

• 99% of the time it does not acknowledge the disk, a green light flashes 6 or 7 times and then goes back to do nothing mode.

• If I try to start the CD directly in windows explorer, a dialog box appears instructing me to insert a disk. I know these disks to be working.

Troubleshooting carried out

• The device manager reports the device is working properly.
    • Checked the drivers are up-to date,
    • Uninstalled the drivers
    • Scanned for hardware changes
    • Uninstalled the hardware
    • Rebooted several times
    • Scanned with DeviceDiagnostic Troubleshooting Pack Cabinet (.diagcab)
    • Checked all the cable connections
    • Did a control panel troubleshoot and Reconfigure hardware (cd player worked when I did a restart, but only the once and then continued the error)

Johni2, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Heley Win User

I need my CD/DVD player on my laptop to work; I have Windows 10

DVD/CD player with Windows 10?

How do I work the DVD/CD player after I downloaded Windows 10?

I manage a Computer Center for Seniors and since we updated a couple of the desktops to Window 10, we can no longer use the DVD/CD players.

Suggestions? and thanks.

Heley, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

I need my CD/DVD player on my laptop to work; I have Windows 10

1. I need my CD/DVD player on my laptop to work; I have Windows 10 - Similar Threads - need DVD player

2. My DVD/CD Player is not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My DVD/CD Player is not Recognized: I recently lost my DVD/CD player from playing anything and I tried troubleshooting but still cannot get it to work.I took his computer to Staples and they had to do a Factory reset but the DVD/CD Player problem still exist. What do I need to do to get it working again?...
  3. How do I get my external DVD/CD player working?

How do I get my external DVD/CD player working?: I am unable to get my external DVD/CD player going. I have installed VLC media player and this is the error message I get - Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///C:/Program%20Files/VideoLAN/VLC/'. Check the log for details. - help...
  4. my dvd/cd player

my dvd/cd player: why wont my Surface reconize my dvd/cd player and allow me to play dvd movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvdcd-player/b0510136-cc46-4f0c-8c2f-98023cce5cb4
  5. CD/DVD player will not work

CD/DVD player will not work: Has there been an update to fix the issue with the CD/DVD players not working after the change to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-player-will-not-work/8583962c-d624-4909-9590-8028aa769419
  6. DVD/CD player not working

DVD/CD player not working: There is some kind of glitch with my windows media player on my windows 10, possibly the last up date? At first a few DVDs did play automatically but now nothing will play. There is no way to prompt the media player to play a CD or DVD! And even my other DVD player VLC will...
  7. Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work

Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work: Windows 10 - cd/dvd player will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cddvd-player-will-not-work/eef6c511-259d-4a78-80dc-39728d21289a
  8. dvd/cd Player not working

dvd/cd Player not working: hi since windows 10 upgrade I am unable to play CDs on my laptop or DVDs DVD/CD player will not open to play , I have checked bios, reloaded drivers ect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-player-not-working/bdc8115e-a5f3-41f3-8095-a35a335422dc
  9. DVD/CD Player not working

DVD/CD Player not working: I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD...
  10. I need a DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a DVD player: Hello, can anyone recommend a DVD player I can use, I have VLC Media Player, but it is not working very well. 30760