Windows 10: I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discus and support I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell monitor and a HDTV (720) connected to my Windows 10 computer. Dell is horizontal - DVI HDTV is vertical - HDMI When I turn on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngryMK, Jul 4, 2019.

1. AngryMK Win User

I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Dell monitor and a HDTV (720) connected to my Windows 10 computer.
    Dell is horizontal - DVI
    HDTV is vertical - HDMI
    When I turn on the computer and monitor is ON, Windows sees it as Display 1. Unfortunately when I turn on the TV, Windows assigns #1 to TV!!!! Rather than monitor, which is really infuriating . Even though my monitor is set as the "Main Display" When I try to change to clone displays Windows takes orders from the HDTV and tries to switch view on My main display from horizontal to vertical instead of forcing the TV to display horizontally on vertical screen.
    I know it might seem very odd, but I need this for my MAME dual screen setup. It used to work correctly on Windows 7 and even on Windows 10 , but at some point something got messed up.
    On top of that MAME won't load correctly. All versions hang when launched. Also because of the wrong order MAME was showing settings screen on wrong monitor when launched. All because of the wrong order. And I know it's not MAME but Windows, because MAME works just fine when only one screen is turned on. HDTV is mounted vertically, but I want it to display horizontally on Vertical panel in cloned mode. Mame can display both screens that way. On the Horizontal I can have game displayed horizontally and then on the vertical it will clone the same display but horizontally. So clearly it can be done and handled, just POS Windows refuses to do it right.
    What can I do? All I find is how to change the monitor I want to be the "Main Display" while I need the main display to be #1 not #2 and that I cannot change!

How does Windows allowing to take priority on 720 display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!? It's absolutely ridiculous!

I have so many issues with displays and how Windows handles it it's not funny! Even my main computer I have 2 monitors, VR and HDTV connected and when I turn TV on it turns off VR and monitors for a moment and then jumbles applications and throws them all over the displays and of course COMPLETELY rearranges order of the displays. Again all of a sudden my #1 is no longer number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

AngryMK, Jul 4, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 4, 2019
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jul 4, 2019
  4. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - NEED MAIN DISPLAY

2. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  3. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  4. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  5. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  6. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Main Display wont work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Main Display wont work.: So, about 1 year ago my Main display screen stopped working. I haven't been able to fix it so can someone give me some advice? All i know is that im using windows 10 on a HP laptop....
  8. My Main Display Goes Dim.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Main Display Goes Dim.: I have two identical monitors. Whenever I make either one or the other my main display, that monitor dims and the other brightens up. Any ideas? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-main-display-goes-dim/b1a38e09-2537-4372-b5ac-90e1d7178ded
  9. unchecking make this my main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    unchecking make this my main display: hello, I have 2 monitors ( 2nd one just set up), I noticed today that when I tried to open something on my main screen (1st one) it was opened on 2nd monitor, (note: it was not turned on). so I started trying to configure them so the screen that I wanted as main, would be...
  10. Main display switches

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...