Windows 10: I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

Discus and support I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, HP ENVY laptop. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by buythiscomputer, Sep 23, 2016.

1. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

Hello,

HP ENVY laptop.

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my PC and I cannot access the battery.

I tried my friend "Windows 10 PRO" activation key and now my HP envy laptop is not activated anymore.

How to find my "Windows 10 HOME" key to restore my PC as it came from factory ?

I have tried to RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS but this option does not work, maybe because my activation key is not correct (few other options also are not available because windows 10 is not activated).

Thank you for your help.

:)

buythiscomputer, Sep 23, 2016

2. New PC and Windows 10

Thanks for the advice.

Don't these OEM installations come with bloat ware?

John Brock, Sep 23, 2016
  3. mech-tech Win User
    time limit for windows 10 then it will become inactive.

What do you mean by "How is that you got Pro version on a PC that came with Home"? I said the original was win 8. I cannot understand if the shop activated it with an illegal Volume License Key. How can I understand it. My computing skills are very poor.
    What is "Clean Install Home Version"? If that OEM-BIOS key doesn't work. For what that key stand for there?

Thank you.

mech-tech, Sep 23, 2016
  4. TrustMe Win User

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

ShowKeyPlus will show you your OEM product key, but for restoring your computer back to factory settings, I don't think it will help. Your partitions probably got switched around during an upgrade. There is a way fix this, but I don't have the knowledge to help you with that.

Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Just for your information, Windows 10 activation works differently than it has in the past. Win10 checks your computer hardware ID's and stores that information on Microsoft's activations servers. Once your computer is activated, you can reinstall Windows as many times as you like without using a key. During the installation, when it asks for a key, just hit Skip, don't enter any key, and it will activate automatically once you go on the Internet. You do have to install the same version of Windows as the original (Home or Pro) or it will not activate.

Come to think of it, since your computer came with Windows 10, during installation, Windows will check the key stored in your BIOS and automatically install the correct version (Home or Pro) and not even ask for a key. It will automatically activate once you go on the Internet.

TrustMe, Sep 23, 2016
  5. TairikuOkami, Sep 23, 2016
  6. Thank you, I will try this.

7. I tried it and it cannot find the key, and even after restart nothing changes.
    I did this:

• Open a command prompt as an Administrator.
    • Enter slmgr /upk and wait for this to complete. This will uninstall the current product key from Windows and put it into an unlicensed state.
    • Enter slmgr /cpky and wait for this to complete. This will remove the product key from the registry if it's still there.
    • Enter slmgr /rearm and wait for this to complete. This is to reset the Windows activation timers so the new users will be prompted to activate Windows when they put in the key.

So the only solution must be to download windows 10 home and install it from scratch ? Without using any key it will install my OEM key based on the computer hardware ?

Where can I download a windows 10 home ?

Thank you again to all !

8. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

TairikuOkami, Sep 23, 2016
  9. Thanks again for all, I hope that it will work, but we never know with MS....

buythiscomputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

1. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC - Similar Threads - need OEM HOME

2. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  3. Can I use a Windows 10 Home OEM activation key on Windows 10 Home N?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a Windows 10 Home OEM activation key on Windows 10 Home N?: I recently bought new motherboard and CPU and reinstalled Windows 10 Home N on it and need to activate it now. I wanted to buy an oem version to spare some money, but I'm not sure about the importance of the 'N' part. Does the oem version have to be home N or can I just buy...
  4. Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install: I just built a new computer every part is brand new including the case. my friend updated the bios and got it working after i built it. he installed windows 10 home and i purchased windows 10 pro oem for $150 from micro center as a DVD version 1909. it says activation not...
  5. Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?: I have my Windows installation activated with a OEM key. Let's say that, for some reason, I had to erase my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows. Would I be able to activate this new copy on the exact same PC with my old key? submitted by /u/JuanM04 [link]...
  6. Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?

Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?: So I’m planning on doing a factory reset of my PC. I plan to delete all files and complete wipe the hard drive. After I do this, will I need a new windows activation key? I’m using only 1 account on my pc, which is a local account with no connected Microsoft account. I...
  7. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key: Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal. I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail). If I wipe all partitions, and clean...
  8. I purchased Windows 10 home activation key - Need to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchased Windows 10 home activation key - Need to Install: I need to install windows 10 home on a tablet and have purchased a product key, where do I go to download the software from Microsoft to install on my tablet...
  9. i need activation key of my windows 10 home single langauge

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i need activation key of my windows 10 home single langauge: Hello dear sir/madam i bought my laptop since 5yr ago maybe the year was 2014 or 2015, it was come with windows 8 and upgraded with windows 10 home single language, since that year i didn't make clean installation so now a days i think to make it clean installation of my...
  10. windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still: windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-oem-key-not-working-saying-i-need-to/d162852c-8853-478e-b1db-022f54cfdb7a