Windows 10: I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?

Discus and support I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I forgot my password to sign in to a laptop that I haven’t signed into in a long time. The hint doesn’t help and I my answers to the security questions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RememberToHydrate, Jul 18, 2020.

1. I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?

I forgot my password to sign in to a laptop that I haven’t signed into in a long time. The hint doesn’t help and I my answers to the security questions are somehow incorrect. I’ve tried troubleshooting and there’s nothing I can do because everything seems to require my user password to authorize. Please help!

submitted by /u/RememberToHydrate
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RememberToHydrate, Jul 18, 2020

2. I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Jul 18, 2020
  3. stoggs1 Win User
    I can not reset my google password

So I forgot my main google account password and I have been trying to reset but I am unable to due to not having access to my recovery email or my old phone which was still attached to my google account. Yes I know I should have updated this information but I forgot to.

I am currently logged into to my google account on my PC, but I had to factory reset my phone due to it having some software issues and I need to add my main gmail account to it but I am unable to reset the password. The only reset option I can do is my security question.

If anyone has ran into this issue before or might have an idea that could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

stoggs1, Jul 18, 2020
  4. I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?

I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it?

Wow! Acer wants $100 to reset the password!
    So now my future laptop vendor short-list is:
    Not Acer
    Not Acer
    Not Acer
    Not Acer

Oh, wait. That was already my short-list.

margrave55, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?

1. I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do? - Similar Threads - need password authorize

2. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  3. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  4. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?: I forgot both my password and security question answers to log on to my laptop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-password-if-i-forgot-my-password/249820e0-5e09-4863-9503-19750c1c40de
  5. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?: I forgot both my password and security question answers to log on to my laptop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-password-if-i-forgot-my-password/249820e0-5e09-4863-9503-19750c1c40de
  6. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?: How can I reset my login password on my laptop? Changed it and now can't remember it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-get-into-my-legion-laptop/30c21fdd-79fa-44d8-ade5-99b7ae7a0077
  8. I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?

I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?: How can I reset my login password on my laptop? Changed it and now can't remember it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-get-into-my-legion-laptop/30c21fdd-79fa-44d8-ade5-99b7ae7a0077
  9. I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?: So let me explain what is going on here. So I can get in through the pin but I have no idea what the password is. So I was trying to add my Microsoft account to Windows 11, I enter the password to my Microsoft account, But it is making me put in my Windows password as well...
  10. I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?: So let me explain what is going on here. So I can get in through the pin but I have no idea what the password is. So I was trying to add my Microsoft account to Windows 11, I enter the password to my Microsoft account, But it is making me put in my Windows password as well...