Windows 10: I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin

Discus and support I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some infuriating reason, I cannot edit or modify the /System32 folder on my PC. I am an admin, and I even created an entirely new user with admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RazzleberryJam, Jun 6, 2019.

1. I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin

For some infuriating reason, I cannot edit or modify the /System32 folder on my PC. I am an admin, and I even created an entirely new user with admin permissions. I need to replace msvcp120.dll with a new copy because an installer for a game that I am trying to install but when I run the installer, says that msvcp120.dll is missing even though when I look in /System32 its there. This has never happened to me before but the only recent changes I made to my PC is having my drivers updated using AMD's auto driver update program.

I am pretty sure that this issue is related to me and not the game's installer itself, so if anyone can, please help me out.

Thanks.

:)

RazzleberryJam, Jun 6, 2019

2. Nobody in group or user names haves permission to modify system32

Hello Robert,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with System32 files. We will certainly help you.

In this case you need to enable the build in administrator account and then check the permissions fro all the users on System32 files. Follow the steps below to enable build in administrator account.

1. Right click on the Start menu and select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the command line type: net user administrator /activate:yes
    and hit Enter on your keyboard.

This will enable your build in Administrator account. Restart your computer and login with the administrator account. Once you are in the Build in administrator account you can check the permissions for the other user profiles
    by right click on System32 file and select properties and then check for the permissions.

Once you have successfully given permission for other user profiles,
    disable the Build in administrator account by following steps given below:

1. Right click on the start menu and select Command prompt (admin).

2. On the command line type: net user administrator /activate:no
    and hit Enter on your keyboard.

This will disable the build in administrator account.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Editing permissions

Hi ejmw,

Issues that you experience when you try to access files and folders may be related to permissions. Permissions are rules that determine whether you can access or change files and folders. To check permissions on a file or a folder, follow these steps:

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps:

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Important: You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

Are you running as a standard or admin user?
    I run as admin (tho' that's not recommended for security reasons but many do of course).
    If as standard, try running as admin.

Or you might try running O&O regedit as admin.

Otherwise, suggests a permissions problem.

To have that many registry entries left after running Revo begins to suggest maybe Revo hasn't got permission access to delete them.

Also try my suggestion with Revo Pro (trial).

Having made backups, you could try Tweaking.com's repair tool, observing its cautious steps and selecting ONLY the appropriate permissions repair.

I would suggest you first make a screenshot of a registry key you can't modify/edit/delete, then run the tool, then try the same operation and see if there's any change.

dalchina, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin

1. I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin - Similar Threads - need permission modify

2. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!: I'm trying to declutter my desktop but when I try yo delete some old PDFs, I get a message that I need <machinename> administrator permission. I AM administrator on my machine!, but I can't delete anything. I have tried creating another user with administrator permissions and...
  3. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!: I'm trying to declutter my desktop but when I try yo delete some old PDFs, I get a message that I need <machinename> administrator permission. I AM administrator on my machine!, but I can't delete anything. I have tried creating another user with administrator permissions and...
  4. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "You’ll Need to Provide Administrator Permission to..." messages even though I am the Admin.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You’ll Need to Provide Administrator Permission to..." messages even though I am the Admin.: I've transferred a hard drive (storage drive - no OS there) from my old computer to the new one and every time I try to rename a file or create a new one I keep getting "You’ll Need to Provide Administrator Permission to..." messages. It looks like a permissions issue, going...
  6. I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin: For some odd reason I am unable make changes to my new HP like change the time zone despite being the admin and is very frustrating, I've checked multiple times and I'm still the one and only admin but I still can't access certain things....
  7. I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin: For some odd reason I am unable make changes to my new HP like change the time zone despite being the admin and is very frustrating, I've checked multiple times and I'm still the one and only admin but I still can't access certain things....
  8. I need permission to write on a network drive even though I am the administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need permission to write on a network drive even though I am the administrator.: Let me explain everything in as much detail as possible. I apologize, I am not super technical so I don't know which details are germane and which aren't. I am trying to use a seagate desktop HDD plugged into the USB port of my Arris SBG7400AC2 modem as a network drive...
  9. Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN: Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I am the sole admin/user of said computer. So this is nothing new but Windows has this weird lock on the Admin position...
  10. Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!: When I logged on to my computer I went to go run task manager for something and nothing happened. I thought it was weird so I tried to run device manager so see if that would launch and still nothing. I then began to launch other programs and those all ran normally but when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admin cmd

2. I need permission to modify or edit /System32 even though I am Admi