Windows 10: I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? )

Discus and support I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? ) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I need Ram-Disk advice . My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable . I want to try two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by OtherWay1982, Mar 1, 2016.

1. I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? )

I need Ram-Disk advice .

My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable .

I want to try two things :

1. Set up my Browsers, Chrome and Edge, to save their browsing files to the Ram Disk .

2. Run my Drawing application on the Ram-disk so that its lag free. It always slows down when drawing lines and painting .

I'll post links to Ram-Disk makers I'd like to try for this :

A. Ram-disk, by Dataram. OEM server memory upgrades. Dell, HP, IBM, Sun, Oracle, Windows, SQL Server Memory - Dataram

C. SoftPerfect RAM Disk : high-performance RAM Disk for Windows

Update

seems its not worth doing on my system. since i had a crash from this. i might as well stop while i have a pc left .

:)

OtherWay1982, Mar 1, 2016
  2. thethiny Win User

I know this is wrong Section but really need your help...PPC

My PPC is 4.1 2003 I-mate Phone Edition
    PDA

The PPC crashes and stops working at 30~40% ...wont work until I charge it...
    charging from 1-2% take ages...whil draining from 100-90% takes less than a minute...I have 2 recharge it 2 times a day...
    but what I came here for is.....Whenever I remove the battery / Change sim it reformats!...and the USB via PC keeps disconnecting..leaving me with no hope with this phone...but I really need it! what to do?

I came here because its Pocket PC(PC=Microsoft)

thethiny, Mar 1, 2016
  3. I know this is wrong Section but really need your help...PPC

Since the phone is running windows mobile 2003, all of the data is stored in RAM memory. When you remove the battery for more than a few seconds you will lose all your data. You should use backup software on your phone, so you can perform a complete
    backup of the phone to a storage card. Then if you have to remove the battery you can restore from your backup file and be back in business in just a few seconds.

You may need to purchase a new battery for it since it hardly takes or holds a charge. I guess that would be the first thing I would try if I were committed to keeping the phone. The imate has been out of production for a long time.....you may be able to
    find a replacement battery for it on eBay.....

If it were me, I'd start looking around for a replacement phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 1, 2016
  4. cradom Win User

I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? )

Personal opinion:
    I wouldn't bother with only 8gig of ram. Leave it for Windows and apps.
    If you had 16gig or better you could use it for cache files and/or scratch disks. I used to use one for Second life cache files to speed things up.
    Definitely wouldn't recommend trying to keep and run an application on one. If for some reason it doesn't restore after a reboot, the app is gone.

cradom, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? )

1. I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? ) - Similar Threads - need Ram Disk

2. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. Ram Disk Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Disk Question: I want to start a Ram Disk. I currently have 128GB of ram and my computer only supports 64GB. Am I able to use the other 64GB that my computer can't support for the Ram Disk? Very curious....
  5. Ram Disk Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram Disk Question: I want to start a Ram Disk. I currently have 128GB of ram and my computer only supports 64GB. Am I able to use the other 64GB that my computer can't support for the Ram Disk? Very curious....
  6. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  7. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  8. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  9. I need Ram-Disk advice .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need Ram-Disk advice .: My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable . I want to try two things : 1. Set up my Browsers, Chrome and Edge, to save their browsing files to the Ram Disk . 2. Run my Drawing application on the Ram-disk so that its...
  10. Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.: ASUS Laptop with 4 GB RAM (2 slot RAM with each 2 GB) but only 1.6 GB usable & 2.4 GB (Hardware reserved). Even i reinstal this Windows 10 x64, this Hardware reserved still 2.4 GB. What can i do before replace / exchange position slot memory or update BIOS ? I attach my...