Windows 10: I need recovery files for Windows 10

Discus and support I need recovery files for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using Asus A442UR, with "planted" windows 10 inside. So, I didn't get any such Installation CD drive. Whenever I need to recovery, all I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bram96, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Bram96 Win User

I need recovery files for Windows 10

Hi. I'm using Asus A442UR, with "planted" windows 10 inside. So, I didn't get any such Installation CD drive. Whenever I need to recovery, all I need to do is just reset it from settingsYesterday, my notebook run very slow, so I decide to restart it. And it won't restart. The text "windows is preparing your system..", just like it installing update, prevent my notebook from shutting down for 5 hours. I then force turn off it by power button I then try system restore, then the system restore won't even finish even after 4 hours, so I decide to force turn off and just reset my windows This time,

:)

Bram96, Aug 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Thema:

1. I need recovery files for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - need recovery files

2. I need to download Windows 10 recovery onto SD card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to download Windows 10 recovery onto SD card: I tried to factory reset my laptop and now it won't go past automatic repair without continuously rebooting. How do I install Windows 10 on SD card so that I can have a recovery for my laptop Asus?* Changed to a question & moved from Edge...
  3. I need BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need BitLocker recovery key: I have an issue with corrupt file in windows I tried to fix the problem but started up BitLocker and then started computer in safe mode so I don’t have recovery keyI have recovery key ID...
  4. I need recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need recovery key: I need a recover key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-recovery-key/1ff86b7c-bd8f-435b-acda-c011dee63ed3
  5. I need recovery key

I need recovery key: I need a recover key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-recovery-key/1ff86b7c-bd8f-435b-acda-c011dee63ed3
  6. I need my recovery key

I need my recovery key: I need a recovery key to remove files from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-recovery-key/adbda4da-1153-42df-a77e-2a8aa7baf73e
  7. Need help with file recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with file recovery: Hi, I have deleted some files from my laptop and I want to use windows file recovery or any other similar file recovery software. But the thing is I have only one hard drive :C not partitioned, so to recover files, I need a separate drive space right or else it will override...
  8. Need help with file recovery

Need help with file recovery: Hi, I have deleted some files from my laptop and I want to use windows file recovery or any other similar file recovery software. But the thing is I have only one hard drive :C not partitioned, so to recover files, I need a separate drive space right or else it will override...
  9. Need help for recovery feature in windows 10

Need help for recovery feature in windows 10: Hello, im new here and sorry im not native english so pls help i really want to reset my windows, but im worried my original is loosing and also my files, is it possible theres a way i cnt loose my original and also my files? n btw im using laptop with first time a clean...
  10. Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery

Windows 10 - Need some guidance on recovery: One of my spare Windows 10 machines is on life support. I must have clobbered it somehow when I was tweaking the multiple display settings ( to incorporate a HDMI projector). It actually worked fine all week, but today, when I tired to set it up for the HDMI monitor only,...