Windows 10: I need smooth pinch zooming on my touchpad (Dell Latitude e7450)

Discus and support I need smooth pinch zooming on my touchpad (Dell Latitude e7450) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I previously owned a Dell Latitude 5490 which had the smooth zooming feature in chrome and other applications like PDF, gmail, office etc. It just felt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/buzzyinside, May 30, 2021.

1. I need smooth pinch zooming on my touchpad (Dell Latitude e7450)

I previously owned a Dell Latitude 5490 which had the smooth zooming feature in chrome and other applications like PDF, gmail, office etc. It just felt like a pinch zooming in a cellphone where the zooming out would never drop below 100% of the screen but I could zoom in deep. I tried installing a couple of drivers and updated my Windows 10 to Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214). I can't find a solution to this problem. Edge is a little smoother in the zoom but it's still not the same thing that I had on my previous machine. Maybe it was because it was a newer generation than what I currently have? This may seem a very small thing for some but I really hate this current laggy zooming where I zoom in and it goes 400% zoom in and zoom out to 80% just pisses me off.

Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/buzzyinside
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/buzzyinside, May 30, 2021
  2. pericles Win User

pinch zoom fixes do not work

I do not have a touchpad. I never said I did. But the posted solution indicates at this is the easy way to Disable Pinch Zoom. that is why I looked for a registry solution

Educate us on Gaming Laptops. They do not have a touchpad ?

Edit: Just saw post above. Looks like it does have touchpad. If so, try my suggestion in post #3 which should disable pinch zoom for the system.

pericles, May 30, 2021
  3. Smittychat., May 30, 2021
  4. I need smooth pinch zooming on my touchpad (Dell Latitude e7450)

Windows 10 Pinch/Zoom Jerky on some laptops

While shopping for a new laptop I noticed that most of the ones I tried have a very jerky motion when performing pinch/zoom in MSIE or Edge, while my old laptop that I want to replace is very fluid and smooth. At first I was thinking it was related to the
    quality of video adapter the laptops were using, then started thinking maybe it's a setting.. .such as one laptop increases or decreases 1% at a time vs another maybe 10% which would indeed appear choppy.

When I tried to test this theory out, I noticed something very strange.. all of the models that perform pinch/zoom smoothly don't update the zoom percentage in the browser menu as you pinch to zoom in or out. The ones that do appear jerky do update the zoom
    percentage, and appear to do so by 5% each 'adjustment'.

I was able to duplicate this behavior across several brands and models of laptops, so I'm wondering what exactly is it that makes one laptop have a smooth pinch/zoom over one that is jerky? It wasn't the touchpad hardware as I saw both ELan and Synaptics
    touchpads on laptops with smooth and laptops with jerky pinch/zoom. It's almost like the laptops which have the smooth pinch/zoom don't actually use the browser's zoom feature to adjust the screen but use some other method.

I'm an IT engineer so something this simple shouldn't be difficult to find out, but I'm stumped on this one. Has anyone ever observed this behavior? And if so, any insight?

(To be clear this is NOT about Edge or MSIE, this is about touchpad / pinch to zoom performance)

Keith Elkin, May 30, 2021
Thema:

I need smooth pinch zooming on my touchpad (Dell Latitude e7450)

1. I need smooth pinch zooming on my touchpad (Dell Latitude e7450) - Similar Threads - need smooth pinch

2. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  3. Latitude E7450 camera not detecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latitude E7450 camera not detecting.: Hi. I recently noticed this error when I start camera app. Error is 0xA00F4244NoCamersAreAttached. I have tried all remedies as mentioned in many websites i.e enable in BIOS, Reset camera app, activate camera app etc. Camera is not listed in Device Manager. Also when click"...
  4. Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity: I am using a notebook with the precision touchpad driver. I like the settings of my touchpad regarding sensitivity, gestures, and scrolling. Everything is great. Except the pinch zoom. It's way too sensitive. Is there any way to change that? Thank you in advance! submitted...
  5. Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad: Hi, I like the pinch to zoom gesture of my Notebook's touchpad. But I'm missing the feature if I use my dockingstation in combination with an external mouse and keyboard (and screens). Often I want to pinch into websites on my screens attached to the docking station. But I...
  6. TOUCHPAD AND TOUCHSCREEN PINCH ZOOM NOT WORKING IN DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    TOUCHPAD AND TOUCHSCREEN PINCH ZOOM NOT WORKING IN DESKTOP: Yesterday I was able to to zoom in my desktop icons with touchscreen as well as with my touchpad in xps 13 9370.But its not working now,any solutions?...
  7. Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues

Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues: I'm trying to turn off the touchpad's zoom feature on my Lenovo Ideapad 130-15ast that has Windows 10 and cannot for the life of me figure it out. There is no 'Device Settings' tab, no 'UltraNav' tab or anything suggested or listed elsewhere and it's driving me up a wall....
  8. How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature

How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature: My touchpad zooms in randomly while I'm trying to scroll. I have looked at countless articles on how to disable the Pinch Zoom feature and none of the instructions match what I am seeing. I need instructions for my device. I have Windows 10 Home and an HP 15-bs0xx Laptop. I...
  9. I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with Windows 10 WiFi will not turn on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with Windows 10 WiFi will not turn on: I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with Windows 10 WiFi will not turn on. I have cycled power, updated the wireless driver, and updated everything available in Windows. I have even disconnected the power and battery and held the power button for 30 seconds. This allowed my...
  10. Dell Latitude E7450 Wifi driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Latitude E7450 Wifi driver causing BSOD: Hey all, I have a user with a Dell Latitude E7450 that has recently In-Place Upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and ever since the upgrade, her Wifi blue screens when running a speedtest from speedtest.net. (Or presumably after any extensive Wifi use) I have tried...