Windows 10: I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

Discus and support I need some help getting rid of a user account folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, im using the windows administrator account, but i got another folder called default in my users folder. If i delete it, it will come back again. Is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cerawy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

So, im using the windows administrator account, but i got another folder called default in my users folder. If i delete it, it will come back again. Is it possible to get rid of the folder permanently, and how do i disable that user account?

Solved, its used for creating new user accounts, so its best just to hide it away.

:)

Cerawy, Jun 25, 2019

2. Can't get rid of Phantom "User" account

Hi Sam,

Corrupted user account is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We need additional information to help resolve the issue. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• How do you delete the user account?
    • Are you getting any error messages when deleting the user account?
    In the meantime, follow the steps on how to delete the user account given by
    SujataMoktan
    in this thread.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jun 25, 2019
  3. How to get rid of User account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Firstly, check if you are logged in as administrator, if yes then try to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to delete the account:

• Press the Windows key or click on
      Windows icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Account.

• Now click on Family and other users.

• Click on the user account you are willing to remove.

• Click on Delete account and data
      for confirmation.
    Note: If you will delete the account and its data then you will be unable to use and get back those once deleted from there. Also
    go back option will be lost if you' remove any user accounts you added after the upgrade.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 25, 2019
  4. I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

1. I need some help getting rid of a user account folder - Similar Threads - need help getting

2. Get rid of mystery user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of mystery user: [img] Here's the login Page. As you see there are two choices of logins, both the same name. The one shown is bogus; there is no password. The other is true and accepts my pin. I can't get any info in Settings. How can I straighten this out? 136374
  3. i need some help

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need some help: my brightness controls aren't working all of them actually please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-some-help/eb1d1589-de12-43e8-8f02-7fdd64954109
  4. I Did something that I thought would help and now I need help getting rid of it.

I Did something that I thought would help and now I need help getting rid of it.: (I'm running on Win 10 btw) Alright, so I am a frequent charger and my laptop asked me if I wanted to limit my charging to 60%, to which I said yes as it would keep my battery life long. And that worked for me until it came to travel. I now regret my decision and want to...
  5. I need some help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some help.: So, I saw a ad that I clicked on. After, as soon that I saw some coding appearing and a Microsoft Alert logo, I immediately clicked off the page. Was that the right thing to do, or should I have used Task Manager to close it? What should I do now?...
  6. User's account no help to me/I would be very grateful for help getting burned out needs fixed

User's account no help to me/I would be very grateful for help getting burned out needs fixed: Some how my User account has no permissions I probably did it or could have been update doesn't matter now.going to try my best to explain have aq error 0x80070425 that means credentials is disabled can not get it going without administrator rights I no longer have any guess...
  7. Need help getting rid of a malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help getting rid of a malware: Good afternoon! Yesterday I saw a weird thing happening on my computer... A software was installing and I didn't remember giving it permission, it was One System Care, but this was solved easily using Add or Remove Programs. But I started to pay attention to my computer...
  8. How to get rid of someone's old user account?

How to get rid of someone's old user account?: I have installed Windows 10 on a computer that was given to me by a friend. I have my microsoft user account with my name Claudia's PC. But when I look on my Administrator's folder which I renamed 'Claudia' on my desktop and compare it with when I put that same folder...
  9. Can I get some help on user accounts?

Can I get some help on user accounts?: Hello. This thread will be a bundle of mistakes. But bear with my I need your help. Ok. So I wanted to play with some friends on xbox so I logged into my xbox account on my dad's computer. It changed the WHOLE windows account, all the files were still there. My dad told...
  10. Get rid of my user account

Get rid of my user account: Hello users. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop I did so that it was not signed into any account and it just came on. So the other night I used the email application to check my email. Next time I turned the laptop on it asked for my password!!! *Mad I have now...