Windows 10: I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

Discus and support I need some help getting rid of a user account folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, im using the windows administrator account, but i got another folder called default in my users folder. If i delete it, it will come back again. Is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cerawy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

So, im using the windows administrator account, but i got another folder called default in my users folder. If i delete it, it will come back again. Is it possible to get rid of the folder permanently, and how do i disable that user account?

Solved, its used for creating new user accounts, so its best just to hide it away.

:)

Cerawy, Jun 25, 2019

2. Can't get rid of Phantom "User" account

Hi Sam,

Corrupted user account is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We need additional information to help resolve the issue. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• How do you delete the user account?
    • Are you getting any error messages when deleting the user account?
    In the meantime, follow the steps on how to delete the user account given by
    SujataMoktan
    in this thread.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jun 25, 2019
  3. How to get rid of User account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Firstly, check if you are logged in as administrator, if yes then try to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to delete the account:

• Press the Windows key or click on
      Windows icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Account.

• Now click on Family and other users.

• Click on the user account you are willing to remove.

• Click on Delete account and data
      for confirmation.
    Note: If you will delete the account and its data then you will be unable to use and get back those once deleted from there. Also
    go back option will be lost if you' remove any user accounts you added after the upgrade.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 25, 2019
  4. I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

1. I need some help getting rid of a user account folder - Similar Threads - need help getting

2. I need help getting rid of a malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting rid of a malware: I randomly heard sounds without a single window open, soon realized that a google chrome window was playing a random YouTube video. Every time I started the computer a Google Chrome window would pop up, open YouTube and disappear.I managed to close them in the Task Manager...
  3. I need help getting rid of some unwanted email addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of some unwanted email addresses.: I want to delete an unwanted couple of email addressess from my windows 11 share function but i don't see any settings, i would some help with this please, I am using outlook with a yahoo email address for the most part. I have tried uninstalling and resetting People and Mail...
  4. I need help getting rid of some unwanted email addresses.

I need help getting rid of some unwanted email addresses.: I want to delete an unwanted couple of email addressess from my windows 11 share function but i don't see any settings, i would some help with this please, I am using outlook with a yahoo email address for the most part. I have tried uninstalling and resetting People and Mail...
  5. I need help getting rid of a virus.

I need help getting rid of a virus.: So I did a scan with windows defender and it came up with this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml and when I try and remove it, it gone so I scan again and pops right back up again, and then there is this it Microsoft Defender, No new threats were found but current threats are still...
  6. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  7. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  8. Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.In the past, when I've had problems.Dell would connect to my computer, and take a look.But this problem happens, prior to the computer running?When I turn my, computer on. The first thing, that happens.A blue screen, with two...
  9. I need help with getting a new USERS folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with getting a new USERS folder: So i just recently got a new computer and while i was downloading Discord, every time i opened it i got a "javascript error" and i was trying to figure it out but every time i go to "%appdata%" i only get a folder that says "Microsoft" i double click on it and it only has...
  10. Can I get some help on user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I get some help on user accounts?: Hello. This thread will be a bundle of mistakes. But bear with my I need your help. Ok. So I wanted to play with some friends on xbox so I logged into my xbox account on my dad's computer. It changed the WHOLE windows account, all the files were still there. My dad told...