Windows 10: I need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do...

Discus and support I need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/darkhunter225 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsi7ta/i_need_some_help_im_trying_to_move_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darkhunter225, Feb 25, 2021.

1. I need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do...

/u/darkhunter225, Feb 25, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 25, 2021
  4. I need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do...

Unallocated Space on drive.... Help.

Hi Jakeh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

"Extend Volume" option under Disk Management tool is only available when there is contiguous unallocated space behind the volume you want to extend. As here is no unallocated space after the C partition drive, so extend volume greyed
    out.

Therefore we need an unallocated place on the right of the goal partition (drive: C), theoretically we should shrink volume D for unallocated space, but you will find you could only create an unallocated space behind drive: D, not drive: C, unless
    you could move the unallocated space or you could only make drive: D become unallocated place (delete drive: D) but this way may lead all your data in drive: D get loss, of course you could create a new partition and copy drive: D in it.

Data loss Warning:

Converting a hard disk partition or volume from NTFS to FAT32 requires that you reformat the partition, which deletes any data on it. Be sure to back up any data you want to keep before you begin.

I can understand you want to add the unallocated space to the (CI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :) drive on the computer. For doing so, you have to first add the Unallocated space (31.51 GB) to the drive (JI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :)
    and then try adding it to the (CI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :) drive. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps:-

1. Right click on the
    System Reseved (JI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :) drive and click on Extend Volume.

2. Keep clicking Next
    and follow the on screen instructions.

3. The Unallocated space will be added to (JI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :)
    drive.

4. Now, right click on (JI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :) drive and click on
    Format.

5. Right click on the (JI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :) drive again and select
    Delete Volume.

6. Now (JI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :) drive shall be shown as
    Unallocated space.

7. Finally, right click on the (CI need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... :)
    drive and select Extend Volume.

8. Keep clicking on Next and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

I need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do...

1. I need some help. I’m trying to move the unallocated space to my c: drive but nothing I do... - Similar Threads - need help I’m

2. Move Unallocated Space Next To C: Drive On Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Unallocated Space Next To C: Drive On Dynamic Disk: So I have a bit of a low-end PC, and I need to add some extra space to my C: Drive without freeing up space, since I always run low after a Windows update. But the only problem is that I need to move the unallocated space next to C: Drive in order to Extend it. I've tried...
  3. I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...: I need to extend space in my c drive but under disk management, there is no unallocated space. When I try to shrink volume, I don't know what number to be added there. Kindly guide me how to resolve these issues....
  4. I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...: I need to extend space in my c drive but under disk management, there is no unallocated space. When I try to shrink volume, I don't know what number to be added there. Kindly guide me how to resolve these issues....
  5. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?: Question is in the subject. I have Unallocated space on my C Drive that I *really* need to use but because it's not "Behind" C: I can't extend C to cover it. Is there anyway to fix this or am I up a creek?...
  6. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?: Question is in the subject. I have Unallocated space on my C Drive that I *really* need to use but because it's not "Behind" C: I can't extend C to cover it. Is there anyway to fix this or am I up a creek?...
  7. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How can I turn this free space into unallocated space or at least move it to C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I turn this free space into unallocated space or at least move it to C Drive?: I wanted to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-this-free-space-into-unallocated/6dffc08e-f626-4849-81f9-2d62c310ccbc
  9. Need Help, Cant extent my C drive to my unallocated space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help, Cant extent my C drive to my unallocated space: [ATTACH] I recently formatted my SSD and reinstalled windows. For some reason I have been unable to merge all of the partitions on the disk. There is currently 1 drive, my C drive. The other space available is unallocated, and there are no other drives on my disk. I've...
  10. Unallocated space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...