Windows 10: I need some help. I’m trying to use my laptop as a second wireless monitor for my desktop....

Discus and support I need some help. I’m trying to use my laptop as a second wireless monitor for my desktop.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/809_prodigy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kwp4hy/i_need_some_help_im_trying_to_use_my_laptop_as_a/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/809_prodigy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. I need some help. I’m trying to use my laptop as a second wireless monitor for my desktop....

/u/809_prodigy, Jan 13, 2021

2. using laptop as second monitor?

looking for either a mouse/keyboard share program or some way to use my laptop as a second monitor when i am at home. The laptop is windows 8 the desktop windows 7. i tried to download a program called Synergy but it led me to some weird 3rd party download host where they want you to download their installer, or their toolbar etc etc decided to not got that route. any other suggestions?

moocow0463, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop

Looking for some guidance on answering what is probably a basic question. I have a HP desktop with Windows 10. I use two monitors to extend the screen. Currently I'm using cords to connect the monitors to the desktop but want to go wireless. Researching
    the internet I've seen wireless adapters for laptops which extend the screen to one additional monitor only. Is there a wireless adapter for a desktop which extends the screens to two monitors? (To be clear I'm not simply duplicating the same screen on two
    monitors.) Thanks

jsbxnyc2003, Jan 13, 2021
  4. I need some help. I’m trying to use my laptop as a second wireless monitor for my desktop....

Image on a second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using another monitor with your laptop.

I would like to know some information.

• What are you connecting to your laptop is it a TV or Monitor?

• Is it a Wireless connection or through HDMI cables?

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Holds Good for Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

I need some help. I’m trying to use my laptop as a second wireless monitor for my desktop....

1. I need some help. I’m trying to use my laptop as a second wireless monitor for my desktop.... - Similar Threads - need help I’m

2. Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor: Hi, Currently i'm having new PC using window 11 and I want to use my laptop using window 10 as a second monitor to extending screen. However it's keep loading on my laptop screen "Desktop ... is about to connect" and it's stuck like that for hours. I tried to use the guide on...
  3. Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor: Hi, Currently i'm having new PC using window 11 and I want to use my laptop using window 10 as a second monitor to extending screen. However it's keep loading on my laptop screen "Desktop ... is about to connect" and it's stuck like that for hours. I tried to use the guide on...
  4. How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?

How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?: Hello,I have a laptop I don't use anymore and I would like to know how to use it as a second monitor for my desktop PC using an HDMI cable, and not "projecting to this PC.Thanks,Tom...
  5. How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?: Hello,I have a laptop I don't use anymore and I would like to know how to use it as a second monitor for my desktop PC using an HDMI cable, and not "projecting to this PC.Thanks,Tom...
  6. trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working: l am trying to use my Dell Desktop Inspiron 2350 All-in-one desktop as a Monitor for my Acer Laptop. I bought the correct HDMI cable and the shop owner told me to connect the cable with my laptop HDMI OUT port andexternal display HDMI IN port.I told him it didn't work and he...
  7. trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working

trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working: l am trying to use my Dell Desktop Inspiron 2350 All-in-one desktop as a Monitor for my Acer Laptop. I bought the correct HDMI cable and the shop owner told me to connect the cable with my laptop HDMI OUT port andexternal display HDMI IN port.I told him it didn't work and he...
  8. I’m trying to update my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to update my laptop: Hi, it’s been a while since I updated my laptop. I’m trying to update for windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based systems and every time I try it says download error – 0x800F0900.It says the same thing for 2020–10 Microsoft edge updates for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based...
  9. Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display: What I want: Use my laptop as a second monitor at home. The laptop does not have HDMI in so I have to go wireless. So I have both computers setup to use the connect app, have the settings configured under "projecting to this PC", both on the same network (desktop wired and...
  10. Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help.: Hey all! So I was having issues with my Wifi taking too long to resolve the host DNS connections in Google Chrome and decided to do the basic troubleshooting things. Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/lFpKRQ4 First, I disconnected from the Wifi by clicking the tile on Network...