Windows 10: I need some help on the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error

Discus and support I need some help on the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone , i get the bluecreen error on my laptop witch stats DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE it doesn't happen all the time , only after i play an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mohammedbekraoui, Apr 10, 2021.

1. I need some help on the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error

Hello everyone , i get the bluecreen error on my laptop witch stats DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE it doesn't happen all the time , only after i play an amount of time on valorant wich is the only game i play on my laptop . After two games or three, my game start lagging and only after i exit it my computer freezes and the bluecreen pop up . I had this problem before so i reseted my windows , it did solve the problem for couple of weeks ,i played normaly no lag or anything but now i m having the same problem again .

I have a GTX 1050 and my gpu drivers are updated , i need to know what may be causing this problem and could it be a hardware problem ?

:)

mohammedbekraoui, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you receive the Blue Screen error?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have tried to access the link for dump files shared by you. However, I was unable to access the link. I would suggest you to upload the files in OneDrive and share the link.

The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error occurs when the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Remarks section of the
    article Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    and see if that helps.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article Troubleshoot
    blue screen errors

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 10, 2021
  4. I need some help on the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi Jeedia,

This issue occurs due to incompatible or corrupt display driver. Please try update display drivers manually and check if it helps.

Please try to un-install and install latest display driver and check if it helps. Change the default download folder on your PC Change the default download folder on your PC.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device
      Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter, right click on device and select Uninstall.
    • And download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install.

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

I need some help on the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error

1. I need some help on the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error - Similar Threads - need help DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. I need some help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help: I found this old pc in my garage and wanted to use it for work and gaming.If anyone can optimize it ill be very happy.Heres the specs:Device name Latitude E6530Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-3380M CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM 12,0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system,...
  3. I need some help with this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with this.: So I've completely resetted my computer on January 27, 2023, and when the reset completes i complete the whole new computer setup guide. But when i am allowed access to my computer. it all of a sudden becomes completely unusable. The mouse barely moves it's like its lagging,...
  4. I need some help with this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need some help with this.: So I've completely resetted my computer on January 27, 2023, and when the reset completes i complete the whole new computer setup guide. But when i am allowed access to my computer. it all of a sudden becomes completely unusable. The mouse barely moves it's like its lagging,...
  5. I need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some help: I tried to install the Windows 10 update on my HP laptop and now it got stuck in the loop and it's showing Attempting to recover installation & undoing changes made to your computer. I don't have a bootable usb. How can I resolve this? Thanks! submitted by /u/MrNoobyUwU...
  6. I need some Help

I need some Help: Hello, i want an ISO of the Windows 10 18363.752 build but i can't find it anywhere in the internet so i am asking anyone who's in here: can anyone send me an ISO? submitted by /u/Icey677059 [link] [comments]...
  7. I need some help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need some help: So, I'm wanting to buy an SSD for my laptop, it says the performance would increase dramatically. But the problem is, my laptop has terrible fps on Minecraft: Java edition, so, what should I do? My Laptop is a Toshiba satellite c55-b5100. Current Specs: Windows 10: Latest...
  8. I need some help.

I need some help.: I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I desperately need help. Yesterday my laptop wasn't working right so I tried rebooting it, and HP said it would try 'fixing' my C drive. Now it doesn't seem to work properly. When I log in none of my icons show up and I...
  9. i need some help

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need some help: my brightness controls aren't working all of them actually please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-some-help/eb1d1589-de12-43e8-8f02-7fdd64954109
  10. I need some help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some help.: So, I saw a ad that I clicked on. After, as soon that I saw some coding appearing and a Microsoft Alert logo, I immediately clicked off the page. Was that the right thing to do, or should I have used Task Manager to close it? What should I do now?...