Windows 10: I need some help/reassurance about a few processes. Are these malware?

Discus and support I need some help/reassurance about a few processes. Are these malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been using My current computer for several months now, and I've been compulsively checking processes and running Malwarebytes scans out of sheer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mooseman138, Jun 14, 2020.

1. I need some help/reassurance about a few processes. Are these malware?

I've been using My current computer for several months now, and I've been compulsively checking processes and running Malwarebytes scans out of sheer paranoia. If anybody can help Me with My issues, it would be much appreciated.

While most people I've reached out to haven't helped, I figured the actual Microsoft community would be of some assistance. As previously stated, I'm paranoid. Very much so. And all I need are simple answers to a few questions. So, here They are.

• What is FileCoAuth.exe? It was signed by the Microsoft Corporation, and it appears to have something to do with OneDrive. I've found two webpages on it, and one was somewhat assuring, however, it did not say it had something to do with OneDrive. My process has something to do with OneDrive. The description reads, "Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable," and the location is C:\Users\[my username, not going to list it here]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\20.064.0329.0008 What worries Me is that the size of the file is not the size listed on the site I went to, and the actual size of the file is 480KB. Combine this with the fact that this is often used as a disguise for a keylogger, and I got quite worried. Does this name apply to multiple processes? I'm just very confused, and all I need is some reassurance that this is a legitimate piece of Windows software.
    • What is fontdrvhost.exe and why is the user name for the process UMFD-0?
    • I recently turned on My computer and in startup processes there was an unfamiliar process calledMSASCuiL, which lists no publisher, and the startup impact is not measured. To make matters more suspicious I cannot view it's properties. I heard this had something to do with Windows Defender, but I severely doubt it. Considering people say it's a Windows Defender Notification service and I already have that process listed in startup,I'm more than a little bit concerned.
    • This last one is more just a recommendation. I use free Malwarebytes, and I use Windows Defender. My computer came pre-installed with McAfee. I don't likeMcAfee, but if it keeps My computer secure, I'm willing to give in. Should I consider getting another anti-virus, and if so, which one should I get?

I haven't had any strange issues with My computer just yet, but I need to know if these files/processes are actually malicious, so that I can stop these issues before They start. I understand I might just sound like a stupid person who can't use a laptop, but I have lost 50+ hours of sleep over this. If somebody can tell Me what these are, it would help tremendously.

Thank You for any and all help. I don't know if I'll be able to reply right away, but I'll try to get back to You as soon as possible. I hope everyone has a good day, or good night, and I'll see You later.

:)

Mooseman138, Jun 14, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

I need some help/reassurance about a few processes. Are these malware?

Le Boule, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

I need some help/reassurance about a few processes. Are these malware?

1. I need some help/reassurance about a few processes. Are these malware? - Similar Threads - need help reassurance

2. I need help with malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with malware removal: I have a trojan/Spyware on my laptop. I found it by accident when I was doing a clean up with glary utilities. I'd have never found it bc the Trojan is hidden and hides itself in a Sys file. Now I did a factory reset and just saw it's still there. I got an hp laptop.i ran now...
  3. I need help with malware removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with malware removal: I have a trojan/Spyware on my laptop. I found it by accident when I was doing a clean up with glary utilities. I'd have never found it bc the Trojan is hidden and hides itself in a Sys file. Now I did a factory reset and just saw it's still there. I got an hp laptop.i ran now...
  4. Have some sort of malware - need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have some sort of malware - need help: Win 11.Just got this PC up and going 2 months ago. The security scans said I had Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah but it does not report that anymore in any of the malware products I have used.1. Emsisoft2. HitMan Pro3. Zemana ANtiMalware4. Combo Cleaner5. Windows Defender and...
  5. Have some sort of malware - need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have some sort of malware - need help: Win 11.Just got this PC up and going 2 months ago. The security scans said I had Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah but it does not report that anymore in any of the malware products I have used.1. Emsisoft2. HitMan Pro3. Zemana ANtiMalware4. Combo Cleaner5. Windows Defender and...
  6. I need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some help: I tried to install the Windows 10 update on my HP laptop and now it got stuck in the loop and it's showing Attempting to recover installation & undoing changes made to your computer. I don't have a bootable usb. How can I resolve this? Thanks! submitted by /u/MrNoobyUwU...
  7. I need some Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some Help: Hello, i want an ISO of the Windows 10 18363.752 build but i can't find it anywhere in the internet so i am asking anyone who's in here: can anyone send me an ISO? submitted by /u/Icey677059 [link] [comments]...
  8. i need help removing this malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i need help removing this malware: i downloaded a bitcoin wallet thing, and i uninstalled it, but then these showed up, and i cant get rid of them i allowed 1 "threat" because i thought it was a false positive now when i try to start actions agianst them, it flashes and they come back, i used defender offline...
  9. I need some help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need some help: So, I'm wanting to buy an SSD for my laptop, it says the performance would increase dramatically. But the problem is, my laptop has terrible fps on Minecraft: Java edition, so, what should I do? My Laptop is a Toshiba satellite c55-b5100. Current Specs: Windows 10: Latest...
  10. I need some help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some help.: So, I saw a ad that I clicked on. After, as soon that I saw some coding appearing and a Microsoft Alert logo, I immediately clicked off the page. Was that the right thing to do, or should I have used Task Manager to close it? What should I do now?...