Windows 10: I need some help with the bios settings on a HP laptop

Discus and support I need some help with the bios settings on a HP laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is on a HP model 15-g024nr laptop. It has a 500gb HDD, 4 gig's of memory. It had Win 8.1 in it but there was problems with the OS. So I set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Oct 4, 2019.

1. reble Win User

I need some help with the bios settings on a HP laptop

This is on a HP model 15-g024nr laptop. It has a 500gb HDD, 4 gig's of memory. It had Win 8.1 in it but there was problems with the OS. So I set the internal optical drive as #1 in the boot order and used a self booting prog that I have to wipe the C: drive partition clean. I have Win 10 Home both 32 and 64bit on a self booting USB thumb drive. The USB thumb drive booted fine on my Dell laptop that I am typing this post on. But I can't seem to get the HP boot part of the bios to see the USB thumb drive period, let alone as a bootable drive. I am attaching a picture of the boot setup from the HP laptop.

I had to use Dropbox because I couldn't attach the picture.

Dropbox - bios boot order.jpg - Simplify your life

:)

reble, Oct 4, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Oct 4, 2019
  4. I need some help with the bios settings on a HP laptop

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

I need some help with the bios settings on a HP laptop

1. I need some help with the bios settings on a HP laptop - Similar Threads - need help bios

2. Need help with some settings fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with some settings fault: When I go to cortana app settings in microphone it says "Your organisation has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana’s help by typing in the text box.", but I dont have any work or school account connected, but I once had, but I also...
  3. Need help with some settings fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with some settings fault: When I go to cortana app settings in microphone it says "Your organisation has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana’s help by typing in the text box.", but I dont have any work or school account connected, but I once had, but I also...
  4. HP BIOS help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP BIOS help: I want to disable my integrated graphics through HP BIOS, but I do not know how to. When I search it up, it says to go to advanced but there is no advanced for me. HP M01-F0024...
  5. HP BIOS help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP BIOS help: I want to disable my integrated graphics through HP BIOS, but I do not know how to. When I search it up, it says to go to advanced but there is no advanced for me. HP M01-F0024...
  6. HP BIOS help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Need some help with color settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with color settings: I can do YCbCr422 with an output color depth of 10 bpc and a limited output dynamic range I can do RGB with an 8 bpc output color depth and a full output dynamic range I can do YCbCr444 with an 8 bpc output color depth and a limited dynamic range Which one is better?...
  8. I need some help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need some help: So, I'm wanting to buy an SSD for my laptop, it says the performance would increase dramatically. But the problem is, my laptop has terrible fps on Minecraft: Java edition, so, what should I do? My Laptop is a Toshiba satellite c55-b5100. Current Specs: Windows 10: Latest...
  9. I need some help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some help.: So, I saw a ad that I clicked on. After, as soon that I saw some coding appearing and a Microsoft Alert logo, I immediately clicked off the page. Was that the right thing to do, or should I have used Task Manager to close it? What should I do now?...
  10. Need help with bios for Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with bios for Asus laptop: hi, i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010. the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7...