Windows 10: I Need The File Manager To Find An MS Word Document Based On Some Text That Exists In The...

Discus and support I Need The File Manager To Find An MS Word Document Based On Some Text That Exists In The... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to find a word document that I made but don't recall the file name. I don't have a record of it in the MS Word Recent file list so my only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Panny, Jul 15, 2020.

1. I Need The File Manager To Find An MS Word Document Based On Some Text That Exists In The...

I'm trying to find a word document that I made but don't recall the file name. I don't have a record of it in the MS Word Recent file list so my only other option is to use Explorer to find it.

Is it possible to have Explorer find a document based on some text that exists in the file itself?

:)

Chris Panny, Jul 15, 2020
  2. jgunning Win User

Recovering corrupt word documents

Please explain...?

And I know this thread is abit of a spam magnet..for that I apologise.
    Unfortunately I cannot attach one of the files due to they need to remain confidential.

I have tried the following:

- Several "text" recovery programs.
    - I have tried using word to repair and open the documents
    - I have tried opening the documents in several other text browsers - ie. Notepad, wordpad etc
    - I have tried using winzip, winrar and 7zip to retreive text
    - I have tried changing options in word to attempt to open the document as a draft.
    - I have tried to use word to "insert text" from the document

All these things havent worked for me yet.. *Cry :cry:

jgunning, Jul 15, 2020
  3. microsoft word 2003

"One document text file reader to rule them all"

....sure wasnt MS word...

DeathtoGnomes, Jul 15, 2020
  4. I Need The File Manager To Find An MS Word Document Based On Some Text That Exists In The...

Corrupt Word Document Overnight?

This is a long shot but I know how Word loves to keep around backup files of documents that are open and sometimes it fails to delete them. Make sure you can view hidden files and check in the directory where the documents are stored for the automatic backup files. If they exist, they might not be corrupt.

Sorry, thats the best I can do. In all honestly you're probably SOL.

streetfighter 2, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

I Need The File Manager To Find An MS Word Document Based On Some Text That Exists In The...

1. I Need The File Manager To Find An MS Word Document Based On Some Text That Exists In The... - Similar Threads - Need File Manager

2. Can't open Word Documents with MS 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Word Documents with MS 365: As of earlier this week, our MS 365 will now not let me open Word documents. When I double click on the document title and "Use Word to open" the blue wheel spins than disappears with no document appearing. Files aren't corrupted, as I can open with Office Suite free for now....
  3. Does wherever exist some product for testing products based on MS Windows platform

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does wherever exist some product for testing products based on MS Windows platform: Hi. I work as test software engineer and support product based on MS Windows platform. For many years I'm Linux user and more like the product. But in fact I can't run MS Windows specific software on the *nix based platform. I have a PC with installed licensed MS windows...
  4. I am not able to open MS Word documents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am not able to open MS Word documents.: I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open. There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead." Please advise. Thank you! Ken...
  5. Can I convert existing paper word document into electronic word document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I convert existing paper word document into electronic word document?: I have a paper word doc that I need to work with. Is there a way to convert it into an electronic format without starting from scratch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-existing-paper-word-document-into/dc962fa3-fba2-4fa3-9ac1-8c3f40409494
  6. Face some error related to Ms word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Face some error related to Ms word documents: Hi, I m unable to Open as well as delete any word document.When I select any word document my system stop responding..please any one solve this problem,...
  7. Can not find a document created with Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not find a document created with Word: I am unable to find a document created with word, and downeloaded- saved as. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-find-a-document-created-with-word/3aa58d80-b8b4-4a29-9915-3d5cbefdf242"
  8. When I open MS Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280
  9. Adding a picture alongside text in MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a picture alongside text in MS Word: I have problems with getting text and pictures right in MS Word 2007. I'll add a simple image to show what I'm talking about. What I got is text aligned to one side of the document. But whenever I add a picture and put it on the other side, the text extends toward the...
  10. MS Word document text blurred when displayed on a FHD computer monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Word document text blurred when displayed on a FHD computer monitor: Hello, I read about the chain of discussions regarding the blurred text in Win10. I am not sure if my issue is related to Win10 hence this post. I recently bought an ASUS Transformer Chi300 tablet (1920 x 1080 resolution) to process my works, mainly MS Office Word and...