Windows 10: I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10

Discus and support I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I Really Need You're Help For this problem, recently my pc is locked for whatever reason, and I tried to remove the pass, its success but my All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RandomGaming CH, Jun 5, 2020.

1. I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10

Hey, I Really Need You're Help For this problem, recently my pc is locked for whatever reason, and I tried to remove the pass, its success but my All System C data can no longer be accessed and I have System Restore Point but Windows Give this massage, And I Have Really Important file on Document Can Anyone Help?

I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10 ustechtips.com%2fmain%2fuploads%2fmonthly_2020_06%2fCapture.PNG.eef651881025aefe6c7559e7f2221b3e.png

My OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build18363.836

I Cant Restore it Either Restore Button Grayed Out

I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10 ustechtips.com%2fmain%2fuploads%2fmonthly_2020_06%2fCapture.PNG.c6d5ce731fca04c60c3d564be291dbe5.png

:)

RandomGaming CH, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2020
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Jun 5, 2020
  4. I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10

Error Access Denied while acessing the folders from User> AppData folders on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access files and folders.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

As you have tried with providing the permissions to each folder and issue persists after the restart, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to disable the third party anti-virus software if installed any and check.

Step 2: As, as a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account and check if this issue persists.

Steps to enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
       4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article with 3-diffrent issues related to accessing the files and folders and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10

1. I Need To Access Another User File On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need Access Another

2. Can I access to a folder that is blocked for all users by another windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I access to a folder that is blocked for all users by another windows?: If I close access to a folder in security for all users except mine, can I access to that folder by another windows that is installed on the PC?...
  3. How to access windows 10 Appdata from another user?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access windows 10 Appdata from another user?: Dear Microsoft team,I've two admin users on my PC, and I've downloaded Android SDK for IntelliJ IDEA with its data on Appdata/Local folder of the USER1. I need to use these data from the USER2. I don't need to move the sdk folder to the USER2. What can I do ?...
  4. How to access windows 10 Appdata from another user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access windows 10 Appdata from another user?: Dear Microsoft team,I've two admin users on my PC, and I've downloaded Android SDK for IntelliJ IDEA with its data on Appdata/Local folder of the USER1. I need to use these data from the USER2. I don't need to move the sdk folder to the USER2. What can I do ?...
  5. How to access windows 10 Appdata from another user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I need to transfer user files from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I need to transfer user files from one computer to another: My elderly friend has an old HP, and bought a new HP computer (Boxed) kit with Win 10 built in. I, as the local computer wizard am tasked with moving her data from the old to the new. (She lives 35 miles of traffic away.) There is a back up drive attached to the old one, but...
  7. Guest user / another user with limited access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest user / another user with limited access: Hello, I want to create an secondary user on my computer with limited access. I manage to create a secondary user without an Microsoft Account. Just with username and password. My problem is that this other user have access to the D-disk where i have all my personal files....
  8. Access my user files from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access my user files from another PC: I am trying to access files from my previous PC. I've restored the backup of that PC's C: drive to a vhdx virtual disk. I can mount it and access all of its files except the files in my user folder - I don't have access rights from my new computer. What to I need to do to...
  9. File permissions for another user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    File permissions for another user: The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc. there is another user whom she needs to give permission to access the folder and files but with read only permission. How...
  10. File permissions for another user

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions for another user: The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc. there is another user whom she needs to give permission to access the folder and files but with read only permission. How...