Windows 10: I need to access my sons account on my computer

Discus and support I need to access my sons account on my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; To whom it may concern,I am the administrator on my computer my son is a standard user. My son has ran away and I need to try to access his account but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveH4365, Jun 16, 2021.

1. DaveH4365 Win User

I need to access my sons account on my computer

To whom it may concern,I am the administrator on my computer my son is a standard user. My son has ran away and I need to try to access his account but don't know the password to his account. As an Admin is there a way to access it as an Admin? Thanks for anyone's time.

:)

DaveH4365, Jun 16, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 16, 2021
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. I need to access my sons account on my computer - Similar Threads - need access sons

2. I need to gain access to a account/profile on my computer that is the administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to gain access to a account/profile on my computer that is the administrator...: Is there any way to gain access now? Theres not really a way to use my computer without access to it. I try to use I forgot my pin but it just says I have to wait until next month to even use it, I cant really use my computer until I gain access to that account since it is...
  3. I need to gain access to a account/profile on my computer that is the administrator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to gain access to a account/profile on my computer that is the administrator...: Is there any way to gain access now? Theres not really a way to use my computer without access to it. I try to use I forgot my pin but it just says I have to wait until next month to even use it, I cant really use my computer until I gain access to that account since it is...
  4. Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?: I purchased Minecraft using my email account a few months ago. My son got a computer for Christmas and I set it up with his email. Can I transfer my Minecraft purchase to his email so he can have it on his account instead of mine?...
  5. I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account: Split from this thread. Hello,I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account which he uses to play Minecraft. I have been at it for 10 days now and I am only getting responses from automated systems which state that they cannot confirm my identity and I am getting...
  6. I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account: Split from this thread. Hello,I need to reset password for my sons Microsoft account which he uses to play Minecraft. I have been at it for 10 days now and I am only getting responses from automated systems which state that they cannot confirm my identity and I am getting...
  7. Transferring my microsoft account to my son

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transferring my microsoft account to my son: Is there a way to transfer my Microsoft account over to my son? He has been using my account on his Xbox for some time and I would like him to use his own. He is concerned about loosing some information / data or something. Can I reassign the current account to him and...
  8. Assigning a PC to my son's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Assigning a PC to my son's account: My son just built a gaming laptop and I would like to add some parental controls to it. The problem is that when I look at the devices connected to his account in the family tab on the microsoft site his PC is not listed under his devices, which he is logged into. However...
  9. Need multi-player access for my son on Minecraft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need multi-player access for my son on Minecraft: Hello. I created a microsoft account for both my son and myself his mother so he can play Minecraft on an ipad. We are linked in a family account. He wants to play minecraft with his friends, but can't seem to add friends from the Minecraft app. I'm totally confused...
  10. computer locked(using my son's computer)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    computer locked(using my son's computer): my computer will not work after the update for win 10.all i get is the recycle bin,unable to use the start button to go in and do a recovery..please help...not impressed...