Windows 10: I need to add an virus exclusion.

Discus and support I need to add an virus exclusion. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to add an virus exclusion. I asked the help robot where I add that. The genius told me that I should add an exclusion, but she gave me no clue... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dick Morrison, Aug 26, 2020.

1. I need to add an virus exclusion.

I need to add an virus exclusion. I asked the help robot where I add that. The genius told me that I should add an exclusion, but she gave me no clue as to where to add it. Where do I enter a virus exclusion. Is that added in Windows or McAfee

:)

Dick Morrison, Aug 26, 2020

2. Exclusions

An exclusion is a way to keep (deny) certain files and/or folders from being scanned by your anti-virus or anti-malware scanner. This is typically accomplished by changing settings...adding a file or folder to the software's exclusion
    list so the scanning engine will ignore it. Reasons for excluding a file are to prevent potential conflicts with your anti-virus, eliminate

false positive
    detection's of a legitimate file and to speed up the scanning process.

quietman7 - MVP, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Aug 26, 2020
  4. I need to add an virus exclusion.

Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus

I can't exclude folder or drives from the Exclusion list anymore. When I try to run some .exe files, I'm told that Windows won't run them because of suspected virus found. How do I turn this stuff off? I want to run what ever file I want and not have Windows overrule me.

Window ver 1909

reidthaler, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

I need to add an virus exclusion.

1. I need to add an virus exclusion. - Similar Threads - need add virus

2. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  3. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  4. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. A virus/unwanted exclusion?

A virus/unwanted exclusion?: Can somebody help me? I've been stuck with this thing forever, it's a unwanted exclusion that I can't even remove. When I try to scan, it kept skipping some files just because of this thing....
  6. How do I add exclusions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add exclusions?: I'm trying to add an exclusion for LOOT https://loot.github.io/ in order for it to work properly.https://www.howtogeek.com/671233/how-to-add-exclusions-in-windows-defender-on-windows-10/So I go to Windows Security, then I go to Virus & threat protection, and I am supposed to...
  7. add an exclusion in Windows Security

add an exclusion in Windows Security: For some reason the "Add an exclusion" in Windows Security has stopped working. I cannot add an exclusion. When I select a folder to exclude it does not show in Exclusions and all the previous exclusions have disappeared....
  8. I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender

I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender: I'm trying to add an exclusion in windows defender but it always shows empty, no matter what I do. It never add the exclusions OS: Windows 10 May 2020 [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions

Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions: Hello!, When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear. Does it happen to someone else? Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated. Regards. 167114
  10. Add Exclusions

Add Exclusions: I am in windows security, Virus & threat protection. According to windows it should have an option to manage settings(but it doesn't) then under Exclusions there is suppose to be an option to add or remove exclusions(but there's not. Need help please....