Windows 10: I need to change my location on my computer.

Discus and support I need to change my location on my computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a desk top computer,I need to change my location on my computer. I have tried several steps to change my location,but so far I have not been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlbWhitman1, Apr 6, 2021.

1. I need to change my location on my computer.

I have a desk top computer,I need to change my location on my computer.

I have tried several steps to change my location,but so far I have not been able to do this.

I go to Setting,but I can not find "Privacy",etc.

Thanks,

Alb W.

:)

AlbWhitman1, Apr 6, 2021

2. How to change computer default location

Hi Prince,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

I suggest you to check if the location is ON on the computer.

Follow these steps to make sure the location service is turned on.

Step 1

Make sure that Allow apps to use my location is turned on.

a. In Search. Type Location.

b. Under Location, check if the Location is Turned
    ON

Step 2

Change the regional settings and check if the issue persists.

a. Click on Search and type
    location and select Change location.

b. Change the ‘Home location’.

For your reference:

Location settings (Windows)

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Apr 6, 2021
  4. I need to change my location on my computer.

Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

Windows 10 location service and privacy

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

I need to change my location on my computer.

1. I need to change my location on my computer. - Similar Threads - need change location

2. I lost my computer on a work trip and need help locating my computer or last know location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my computer on a work trip and need help locating my computer or last know location.: I live in Plymouth Minnesota and was recently on a business trip to Denver Colorado. I lost my computer on the work trip and would like to verify last known location. I believe the computer to be in Denver. I have tried using the online support function to locate my computer...
  3. I lost my computer on a work trip and need help location my computer or last know location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my computer on a work trip and need help location my computer or last know location.: I live in Plymouth Minnesota and was recently on a business trip to Denver Colorado. I lost my computer on the work trip and would like to verify last known location. I believe the computer to be in Denver. I have tried using the online support function to locate my computer...
  4. My Start Screen Apps change location every time I restart my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Start Screen Apps change location every time I restart my computer.: I move my apps where I want them to appear on my start screen. However, every time I restart my computer they are in a different position. How can I have them stay where I want them to be?...
  5. My computer location and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer location and BSOD: I am having a problem with windows finding my location. Sometimes it shows I am in another city in Ohio sometime on another street in my town of Fostoria Ohio. How do I fix this problem? Second I keep getting several BSOD notifications such as aswbidsdriver.sys or kernel mode...
  6. Change my location on my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change my location on my computer.: I have tried the these steps: Start,Setting,Privacy,Location,Default location select set defaultthese last two steps,I could not find I never was able to see a map,to follow instructions to change my default location. These steps did not work for me. Can someone...
  7. I want to permanently change my city/location of my computer

I want to permanently change my city/location of my computer: I cannot find where to change permanently my city and state. How do I do that? I am in Huntington Beach, CA not Redmond, WA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-permanently-change-my-citylocation-of-my/39192973-e91a-4a68-ab61-f13f951a5d36
  8. I need to change the language of my computer to English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to change the language of my computer to English: Hello everyone, something weird happened with my computer and now it's in another language, I need to change the language of my computer to English...
  9. how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...

how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10...: how do I change my computer "Location" Win 10... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-change-my-computer-location-win-10/4536acae-f1ca-4811-9e62-06e522e82b86
  10. MY COMPUTER location ??

in Windows 10 Support
    MY COMPUTER location ??: Win build 10041 Where do I find "my computer" ....In windows 7 it was in the start menu and I pinned it to (sent it to desktop made a shortcut to it etc) ? I am unable to find it in win 10 build 10041.. would like some help please.. Thanks in advance.. *Biggrin 5191