Windows 10: I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using...

Discus and support I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\ to C:\Users\ . I'm using... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please Give me the details to rename the users name in C drive to my wish. Currently I only have one user and I have admin privileges. What steps I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Akshaymekala, Mar 15, 2019.

1. I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\ to C:\Users\ . I'm using...

Please Give me the details to rename the users name in C drive to my wish. Currently I only have one user and I have admin privileges.

What steps I need to follow. ?

:)

Akshaymekala, Mar 15, 2019

2. Changing name of User-folder in C:

Hi Kelly,

When you create a new user account in windows 10, it will not give you the option to pick the name of the folder, instead a new folder will be created automatically in
    C:\Users\(user-name)" folder's name.

Now you just have to copy all of the contents of your old user accounts "C:\Users\(user-name)" user folders into the corresponding new account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" user folders.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Changing name of User-folder in C:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately, you cannot change the "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder's name. Instead, you can create a new administrator account with the name you want, then copy all of the contents of your old user accounts "C:\Users\(user-name)"
    user folders into the corresponding new account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" user folders.

After everything checks out ok, you can then delete the old account from within the new one.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 15, 2019
  4. I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\ to C:\Users\ . I'm using...

Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\ to C:\Users\ . I'm using...

1. I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\ to C:\Users\ . I'm using... - Similar Threads - need change Rename

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  6. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  7. Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user: I misspelled by name during installation of windows and now i want to change the name of the folder.What is the possible way to do so ?Thank in advance- Sagnik Saha...
  8. Rename C:/Users/<name>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename C:/Users/<name>: How do I rename the above specified directory? I changed it through registry editor but after that my start menu failed and I've reset my PC. Please help me out with this submitted by /u/HarishRaj21 [link] [comments]...
  9. Need to change c/Users name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to change c/Users name: I noticed on my old laptop that my name in c/Users was incorrect. I tried many methods to change it, but it never worked. Now recently I've built a new PC with a brand new copy of Windows 10, and when I checked the users file, I realized it's using that same name from before....
  10. How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?: While my request in the thread Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account? was successfully handled, I now have this situation which I consider appropriate to mention in a new thread. Basically, I would like to rename the "new user" folder of the...