Windows 10: I need to change the default system language

Discus and support I need to change the default system language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a PC from a friend, it has Windows 10, but the PC has the language in Spanish and I need to change the default system language from Spanish to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlDavis87, Nov 22, 2018.

1. I need to change the default system language

I bought a PC from a friend, it has Windows 10, but the PC has the language in Spanish and I need to change the default system language from Spanish to English

:)

CarlDavis87, Nov 22, 2018

2. Language for non-Unicode programs > Change System Locale

Thanks for your time and troubles taken, Karthicka_R.

Went through the steps 1 to 5 and then 7.

After restarting, checked; still, Tamil is not found in the list of languages for 'Change System Locale'.

(In fact, I had done this before raising this query. On reading your reply, I removed Tamil and went through the steps as listed above in my reply. Since the language pack was already installed, I didn't have to do the step-5; the screen also indicated that
    the language pack is already there.)

Regards

Thiruvelan

VelanThiru, Nov 22, 2018
  3. change language

Hi,

Let's change your system language by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Time and Language.
    • Open Region and Language.
    • Click Add a Language, and select the language that you want to use.
    • Click the language that you added and select Set as default.
    Update us with the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 22, 2018
  4. RFC3514 Win User

I need to change the default system language

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

I need to change the default system language

1. I need to change the default system language - Similar Threads - need change default

2. Change Windows Default System UI Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Default System UI Language: Yes, there are many of these types of posts here. But I tried most of the methods shown there but just failed.I accidentally installed the wrong Windows ISO when trying to do a repair upgrade and now I can't keep my apps kind of an inconvenience but I just wanted to do a...
  3. Change Windows Default System UI Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows Default System UI Language: Yes, there are many of these types of posts here. But I tried most of the methods shown there but just failed.I accidentally installed the wrong Windows ISO when trying to do a repair upgrade and now I can't keep my apps kind of an inconvenience but I just wanted to do a...
  4. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  5. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  6. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change default system UI language

Change default system UI language: Hi. I want to change my default system UI language, but any method can't allow that. I tried everything i know about editing languages, but nothing changes the default system UI language.Windows Language Settings - Everywhere is English, but default system UI language is...
  8. How to change default system UI language

How to change default system UI language: Because of some reason, I need to change the default system UI language. Is there any way to change the language to what I want? Many thx! [ATTACH]...
  9. Change Default Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Default Language: I was install the windows 10 pro with usb flash driver but the setup is choose no other option the language of Deutsch so I change the language in English. I no understood the deutsch language so please help me....
  10. Changing system default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing system default language: Hi, I got a windows10 edition in a specific language and I would like to change it to English. How can I do it? Will it become the original English version or it is only a translation pack? The only guide I found is this How to change the system language across your...